The Facebook Fellowship Program is aimed at supporting Ph.D. students engaged in innovative research and here is an article that will tell you more about the program and how you can apply as the application process is free.
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their Ph.D. study. It also encourages people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally underrepresented minority groups.
Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Table of Contents
Facebook Fellowship Program
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to;
- Receive two years of paid tuition and fees
- A $42,000 annual stipend to cover living and conference travel costs
- A paid visit to Facebook headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit
- Various opportunities to engage with Facebook researchers.
- Applicants must be full-time Ph.D. students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021)
- Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
- Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
- Students should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher. If in doubt, please email email@example.com.
How To Apply
- Your application must include 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below)
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
- To apply for the fellowship program, go to the page at www.research.fb.com/fellowship/
- On the page, click on the “Apply” button and you will be taken to the application form
- Enter the application details as required in each field
- When you are done, simply click on the “Submit” button
Below are the fellowship programs available on the platform
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Energy-Efficient Video Compression
- Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Systems for Machine Learning
The fellowship program application closes on the 1st Of October, 2020. 12:00 pm PST and winners will be announced in January 2021.
Share this 2020/21 Facebook Fellowship Program Application For Ph.D. Students on your social media account so that others can know about the program and probably take part in it.