Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities. In the article, you will learn about the 2021/22 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Application process.
The scholarship program is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO). The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
These scholarships are offered under six CSC development themes as listed below:
1. Science and technology for development
2. Strengthening health systems and capacity
3. Promoting global prosperity
4. Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
5. Strengthening resilience and response to crises
6. Access, inclusion, and opportunity
The scholarship application is online and it is completely free to apply. All you have to do is to make sure you meet the requirements listed here and you are good to go.
To apply for these scholarships, you must meet the following criteria.
- You must be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- You must be a permanent resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK, or remotely if required, by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
- By September 2021, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
- Be unable to afford to study at a UK university without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
The CSC particularly welcomes applicants from the following countries:
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- The Gambia
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Application: How To Apply
To apply for this scholarship, follow the steps below.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- On the page, select your nationality and click on “Next”. You can click on the save progress to save your details as you go on with the application.
- You will be taken to the Registration and Login Page for the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Shared Scholarship.
- Create a username, and password, enter your email address
- Click on “submit” and you will be taken to the page where you can start your application successfully.
NOTE: Your application must include the following supporting documents In order to be eligible for consideration
— Proof of citizenship or refugee status uploaded to the online application system
— Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English uploaded to the online application system)
— References from at least two individuals; you must submit referee details on the online application system. They will request references from those stated on your application form only if you are nominated or a reserve candidate at the nomination stage
Supporting documentation uploaded to the online application system must be uploaded as files that are not more than 5MB in size and must be in one of the following formats; PDF, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, .jpeg. Files submitted in any other format (including zip files and PDFportfolios) will not be accepted.
The application closing date is on the 9th Of April 2021.
You can share this 2021/22 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Application on your social media account so that others can know about it. If you have any questions about this article, feel free to use the comment box below.