Applications are open for the 2021/22 Fully-funded Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program (MCFSP) at the University of Gondar. The scholarship program is designed to help scholars to acquire transformational and leadership skills and demonstrate high professional and scholarly competencies to effectively influence global, regional, national, and local socio-economic development trends.
The MCFSP at the University of Gondar will award a total of 160 graduate scholarships for eight years. The scholarship will directly benefit academically talented but disadvantaged youth from five east African countries – Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, Djibouti, and South Sudan.
The program is technically and financially supported by Mastercard Foundation and avails excellent academic and non-academic support to scholars during their stay at the University of Gondar.
2021/22 Fully-funded Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program
The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, accommodation/boarding, a stipend, and additional expenses such as books
The scholarship also includes academic, financial, and social support to help awardees develop into capable leaders in their communities and experiential activities such as summer camps
Graduate scholarships are open for applicants who intend to be full-time students at the University of Gondar. Applicants must meet the following;
1. Have earned a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to their proposed graduate program from a recognized University using English as a medium of instruction in the past five (5) years with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) at graduation
2. Be a citizen and permanent resident of Somalia, Eritrea, South Sudan, and Djibouti (and residents of the respective countries for at least five years at the time of their application)
3. Be youth applicants with disabilities
4. Female applicants with economic but have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education
Graduate applicants must be in or applying to one of the following programs
- Gender and development studies
- Development and environmental management studies
- Public health
The application form must be accompanied by the following documents
- A medical paper signed by the health/hospital board attesting to your disability type and degree, if you have been assessed by a health professional
- Completed and signed scholarship form
- Detailed resume of academic, non-academic, and volunteer work
- All elementary, high school, and university transcripts/student copy
- Two letters of recommendations from previous universities
- National and/or resident identification card or passport
- Testimonial regarding their economic disadvantages (for Kebele/Woreda administration)
- Letter from district police office regarding their criminal record
- Testimonial about voluntary community giveback and leadership
How To Apply
To apply, simply follow the steps below.
- Click Here To Apply
- Under personal information, enter the applicant’s name, applicant’s father’s name, and applicant’s Grandfather’s name
- Select your date of birth, gender, and enter other required details
- Click on “Next” to continue with the application
Alternatively, you can also submit applications through either of the following ways:
— Mail: Mailing to the program through the program’s mail address: (the University of Gondar, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Office, P.o. Box. 1082, Gondar, Ethiopia)
— Email: email@example.com (scanning and emailing all materials )
— In-person: Dropping off the documents in person at the Program Office: Mastercard Foundation Scholars program office, College of Medicine and Health Science Campuses, University of Gondar, Gondar
Application Closing Date
The scholarship application closes on the 31st Of May, 2021.
Kindly let others know by sharing this 2021/22 Fully-funded Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program on your social media account. Also, use the comment box below for any questions about this scholarship, and DailiesRoom.com will be here to attend to you.