Applications are open for the Facebook Community Accelerator Program and applicants who will like to participate can do so by adhering to the basic steps and information that are given here. You can apply to get the training, mentorship, and funds to extend your community’s positive impact.
Facebook announced its 2021 Community Accelerator Program which is focused on helping leaders harness the power of their community to turn ideas into action.
The program is meant to last for a period of eight (8) months, during the eight months program, participants will receive training, mentorship, and funds to invest in an initiative that extends their community’s positive impact. Through the program, each community will receive up to $50k USD to help fund work that advances the community’s goals.
If you apply to participate in this program you will be able to do the following;
1). Strengthen Their Community
Selected community leaders will spend five months learning from experts, coaches, and a customized curriculum so they can organize and strengthen their community to work better together.
Lessons include community identity foundations, leading action-oriented communities, and sustainability. Participants will also receive early access to new Facebook products aimed at helping communities better manage and activate their members.
2). Plan Their Initiative
Participants will identify an important initiative that will create a positive impact on the broader world and develop a plan to mobilize their community around their goal.
Participants will then spend three months executing their initiatives. They will collaborate with advocates and leaders in the community space and work with the Facebook team to bring their ideas to life.
Facebook Community Accelerator Program
- Training And Coaching: Learn how to organize and strengthen your community through custom training, one-on-one coaching, and meaningful partnerships
- Access to new products: Get early access to new products aimed at helping you manage and activate your community
- Funding: Facebook will work with GlobalGiving to offer you up to $50k USD to help fund your community’s initiatives, with a subset of communities eligible to receive part of $1 million USD in additional funding
- Open to communities that have a presence in Facebook groups with leaders who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the following countries: Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Brazil, United States, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco, and India
- Communities must have existed for over one year and must have a minimum size of 1000 members
- The program will be conducted in Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish, (Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Argentina), German (Germany, Switzerland, Austria), and English for all the other markets
- Participants of the 2020 Facebook community accelerator program are not eligible to apply. While participants in other Facebook programs are welcome to apply as long as they meet the requirements given here.
How To Apply
To Apply, you will have to fill a short form to express your interest in participating in the program. Follow the steps below.
- Go to the Facebook Community Accelerator Program page
- Fill the form with the required necessary information
- Click on “Send” and follow onscreen instructions
Application Closing Date
The application deadline is on the 31st Of May, 2021.
You can share this Facebook Community Accelerator Program Application on your social media account so that others can know about it.