Arizona State University Scholarship is brought to you by the university in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation. For eligibility criteria and how to go about the scholarship award application, simply read this guideline given in this article.
The university will provide graduate scholarships to train 25 Mastercard Foundation alumni at the Master’s level for various programs over the next 5 years (2021 – 2025).
This scholarship program is situated within EdPlus, a central enterprise unit for ASU, focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education.
This is a fully immersive and traditional on-campus 2-year Master’s program with a focus on training EdTech experts for Africa. While classes are in session, Scholars will work part-time with the Baobab team to gain hands-on experience implementing the strategic objectives of the Baobab Platform.
The Baobab Platform consists of the implementation of an online learning community that serves over 8,000 users and is expanding to support 100,000 young Africans globally over the next five years. Between the first and second year, Scholars will be supported to participate in a 2-month Africa-based internship that aligns with their program of study.
2021 Mastercard Foundation/Arizona State University Scholarship
Five (5) Scholarships are available for students admitted for the 2021/2022 academic year, which will cover the full tuition fees, expenses for accommodation, and comprehensive support for the 2-year graduate program.
On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Arizona State University, including leadership curriculum, individual mentorship, and other events and programming.
A strong expectation of the Scholars Program is that participants return to their home countries to invest their gained skills and education in their country’s social and economic growth. Women, refugees, and displaced persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
The scholarships are available for the following full-time, on-campus graduate program.
- User Experience, MS
- Graphic Information Technology, MS
- Computer Science, MS
- Information Technology, MS
- Software Engineering, MS
- Learning Sciences, MS
- Digital Culture, MA
The scholarship will cover the following
- Costs incurred for visa application processing
- Costs incurred for English language tests
- Costs incurred for GRE or other equivalent exams
- Airfare to and from Phoenix, Arizona
- Full tuition, books, and fees
- Participation in Scholarship programming
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should meet the following criteria before thinking of taking part in the scholarship program.
- Applicants must want to apply for one of our eligible programs listed above.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice, which includes a high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country.
- Applicants must be an alumnus of a Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program before July 2021 (Please refer to the application question: “Please select the institution where you graduated as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar” for the full list of eligible Scholars Program institutions).
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community.
- Applicants must not have studied or intend to take up other graduate studies before August 2021.
- Applicants must be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the program.
How To Apply
There are 2 ways to submit your application
- To submit an online application, click HERE and on the page, click NEXT.
- If you have limited internet access, you can complete and submit a downloadable version of the application to firstname.lastname@example.org. To access the downloadable form click HERE.
Application Closing Date
The scholarship award closing date is on the 19th Of October, 2020.
Share this 2021 Mastercard Foundation/Arizona State University Scholarship on your social media account so that others can know about it.