You can now apply for the 2021 Yale Young Global Scholars program that is ongoing as you will find the basic information need to get started from this article. YYGS is one of the most globally diverse, two-week academic summer programs in the world.
The program serves 2,400 students from over 130 countries and all 50 U.S. states, and it distributes over $3 Million USD in need-based financial aid to domestic and international students.
It is on a mission to empower the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding, and inspire creative action across all borders.
Here is a scholarship award you shouldn’t miss for anything as the application is free.
2021 Yale Young Global Scholars Program
- Innovations in Science & Technology (IST)
- Literature, Philosophy & Culture (LPC)
- Politics, Law, & Economics (PLE)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC)
- You must be 16 years old by July 19, 2021
- You must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English
- You must be a current high school sophomore or junior
- You must be graduating May/June 2022 or 2023 from the Northern hemisphere or in November/December 2021 or 2022 from the southern hemisphere
- You must be a participant in YYGS
If you previously applied for YYGS and were not offered admission, you can re-apply again if you meet the standards above.
YYGS accepts applications from all countries and offers the opportunity for students to apply for need-based financial aid to students from all countries.
All students must submit the following application components
- Activities list
- One 500-word essay and one-word response
- Two “fast take” responses (280 characters each)
- Official school transcript
- Two recommenders that can complete YYGS recommendation forms
- Application fee ($60 for early action, $75 for regular decision)
- You must click the finalize & pay button on the “Review” page for your application to be considered
How To Apply
See the steps to apply for the scholarship award below.
- Review the YYGS eligibility criteria
- Review the application required components
- Review a PDF of a sample blank application and start preparing to answer as many questions as possible
- You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, a teacher, and/or official at your school
To get started, click HERE
Application closes on the 10th Of November, 2020.
Share this vital information on your social media account so that others who might be interested in the 2021 Yale Young Global Scholars Program will read and also apply.