7 Confirmed FIFA Presidential Election Candidatures – In due time and form to 26 February 2016 see the seven candidates for the presidential election by FIFA’s member associations which will take place at the Extraordinary FIFA Congress in Zurich on 26 February 2016 and submitted to the Electoral committee.
So in this following below you will be seeing the FIFA’s member associations proposed list of 7 Confirmed FIFA Presidential Election Candidatures: Who Is Standing In Feb. 2016?
- Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, 39, is president of the Jordan Football Association
- Musa Bility, 48, is president of the Liberian Football Association
- Jerome Champagne, 57, is a former Fifa executive
- Gianni Infantino, 45, is Uefa’s general secretary
- Michel Platini, 60, is Uefa president and Fifa vice-president
- Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa, 49, is Asian Football Confederation president
- Tokyo Sexwale, 62, is a South African former government minister
As you can see that Trinidadian ex-footballer David Nakhid was not included on the list, after saying he had submitted his candidacy. Just Note that this election is to find a successor to the suspended Sepp Blatter, who is under criminal investigation now.
The Swiss 79-year-old announced he would be stepping down in June, with world football’s governing body at the centre of a corruption scandal. Also Please Note that the 7 Confirmed FIFA Presidential Election Candidatures will stand on 26 February 2016.