The 31st American Society of Cinematographers Awards Date – 31st ASC TimeLine – The 31st Annual Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography DATE have been revied by The American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) to be set on February 4, 2017. Daryn Okada, ASC will serve as awards chair, with Lowell Peterson, ASC, as co-chairman. The ceremony will take place at the Ray Dolby Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland.
The ASC will honor several cinematographers and filmmakers for their contributions to the art and craft of filmmaking throughout their career, along with excellence in feature film and television cinematography.
Please note that the organization has officially opened the submission process for the television competition. The ASC is now accepting entries in three categories: (1) Episode of a Television Series – Commercial; (2) Episode of a Television Series – Non Commercial; and (3) TV Movie/Miniseries/Pilot. The deadline for submissions is November 1 by 5 p.m. (PT).
How To Qualify For The American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) TV Awards
- To qualify for the ASC TV awards, shows must have a premiere broadcast date in the United States between November 1, 2015, and October 31, 2016.
- Entry forms can be downloaded HERE on the ASC website.
The 31st ASC Awards Date (timeline) is as follows:
- September 14 – Student Award Nominees Announced
- October – Honorees Announcement for Lifetime Achievement Award, Career Achievement in Television Award, International Award, and Presidents Award
- October 15 – Student Award Winners Announced
- November 1, 5 p.m. PT – Deadline for Television Entries
- November 22 – Television Nominations Announced
- December – Board of Governors Award Recipient Announced
- December 1 – Spotlight Award submissions due
- December 12 (week of) – Nominations Ballots sent (Theatrical Release Only)
- December 31 – Awards year ends (Theatrical Release Only)
- January 6 – Deadline for Theatrical Nomination Ballots
- January 9 (week of) – Spotlight Nominations Announced
- January 10 – Theatrical Nominations Announced
- January 23 – Spotlight Award Final Ballots Due
- January 28 – ASC Open House
- January 30 – Final Polls Close (Theatrical Release Only)
- February 4 – 31st Annual ASC Awards Show
ASC Last year Awards winners
The Last year’s American Society of Cinematographers Awards winners are; Emmanuel Lubezki, ASC, AMC (The Revenant); Vanja Cernjul, ASC, HFS (Casanova); Pierre Gill, CSC (Marco Polo); Adam Arkapaw, ACS (Macbeth); and Mátyás Erdély, HSC (Son of Saul). John Toll, ASC, Lowell Peterson, ASC, Bill Bennett, ASC and Ridley Scott were also honored at the awards gala for their body of work.
Chartered in January of 1919, the ASC is defined by their reputation of excellence in advancing the art of visual storytelling. Currently, the ASC has more than 360 active members and 200-plus associate members, all from various sectors of the industry that support the skilled art and craft of filmmaking. Membership and associate membership is achieved through invitation only.
Please SHARE this 31st ASC TimeLine Update and use the COMMENT BOX for any recommendation on The 31st American Society of Cinematographers Awards Date and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks