BREAKING: Coronavirus Update in Premier League, Covid-19 Updates – Coronavirus outbreak is affecting sport mostly in China, Italy, USA, Canada, Spain, Egypt, and now in England (Premier League) which have seen most of the top Football club-like Juventus, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Manchester City, Chelsea, Leicester City plus other taking immediate action.
LATEST Coronavirus live updates show that Arsenal Manager Mikel Arteta tests positive for Covid-19. The Gunners revealed the news minutes after the Premier League announced matches this weekend to go ahead as scheduled.
BREAKING: Coronavirus Update in Premier League, Covid-19 Updates
Most of the Players and manager is now been affected and not just only because of the fans. However, following the current update below are the latest in Premier League:
1. Manchester City’s Player Benjamin Mendy is in precautionary, self-isolation after a family member fell ill at his house with respiratory problems. The relative tested for coronavirus and is awaiting results.
2. Arsenal says manager Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus and the club personnel who had close contact with him will self isolate.
3. Chelsea’s winger, Callum Hudson-Odoi tested positive for coronavirus and the full squad has gone into self-isolation.
4. Brendan Rodgers says three Leicester City players have self-isolated after showing symptoms.
Regardless of all these, The Premier League announces all this weekend’s games “will go ahead as scheduled”. While the Prime Minister Boris Johnson says the UK government is considering banning sporting fixtures – but it will not happen immediately.
Premier League announcement
Following the fact that the Manchester City’s Champions League last-16 tie with Real Madrid, due to take place on Tuesday, is postponed.
The Premier League announces all this weekend’s games “will go ahead as scheduled”. But then, The Premier League announces it will hold “an emergency club meeting” on Friday to discuss future fixtures.
How Latest Coronavirus Outbreak is Affecting Sport
You really don’t need to be told that the outbreak of this Covid-19 Updates will surely affect Sport. However, below are news that might interest you following TalkSPORT Update.
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus
- Premier League to hold emergency meeting following news about Arteta
- EFL matches WILL go ahead as planned this weekend despite coronavirus threat
- Spain postpones all LaLiga matches for two weeks as Real Madrid players told to go into quarantine
- F1 confirms season-opening Australian Grand Prix this weekend has been canceled
- NBA season has been suspended indefinitely after two Utah Jazz players tested positive
- MLS football season suspended for 30 days, Eredivisie also postponed
- Serie A champions Juventus announces that one of their players, Daniele Rugani, has tested positive as Serie A suspended until April
- France v Ireland and Italy v England rugby games in the final round of the Guinness Six Nations have been postponed, with Wales v Scotland the only game due to go ahead as scheduled
- ATP has announced a six-week suspension of the men’s tour
- Euro 2020 could be postponed until next summer at an emergency UEFA meeting next week
More to come.
The only way forward now is for us all to try and pray for the world and if you in person is seeing the symptoms, please kindly stay home in other to isolate yourself from other so as not to increase the number of this coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak