Good news for career awaits you. Are you Aspiring to shape Canada’s domestic or international policies and programs? The Canada Job Recruitment of Policy Leaders (RPL) program focuses on recruiting exceptional professionals with diverse achievements and experience into mid and senior-level policy positions across the Government of Canada.
What Government of Canada look for in policy leaders
RPL recruits have diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skills. Here are the common elements required:
A post-graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university obtained by Dec 31, 2018
- A record of academic excellence demonstrated through prestigious scholarships, awards and/or distinctions and/or peer-reviewed publications
- Relevant policy experience
- Volunteer or extra-curricular experience in a leadership role
- An understanding of public policy
- Analytical thinking
- Effective communication
- Values and ethics
- Relationship building
- Language proficiency
- Not a Canadian citizen?
Non-Canadians living in Canada can apply to the RPL program but preference will be given to veterans and Canadian citizens (in that order) who meet the job requirements.
How To Apply for Canada Job Recruitment of Policy Leaders (RPL) Program Online
- Login to your GC Jobs account. If you don’t have a GC Jobs account, create one now (and then login)
- To find advertised RPL processes, use the job search menu and select graduate programs as the job type.
- If a process is available, use the apply online link when you are ready to apply and confirm that you have read the notice before continuing.
- On the Job applications page, select every link in the Requirements column of the RPL job advertisement box and provide the required information on each page.
- Exclamation mark icon: links with this icon beside them lead to pages that are not mandatory when submitting your application; however, you should still visit those pages to see if there is information you would like to complete.
- Select Submit application once all pages of your application are complete.
- You must agree to the declaration to submit your application.
Making changes to your application
You can only make changes to an application before the closing date of the advertisement.
- Login to your GC Jobs account
- Select the Job applications link
- Select the Retrieve application link in the relevant RPL job advertisement box
- Select the links in the Requirements column and make the desired changes
- Don’t forget to save each page before leaving
- Once finished, select the Submit application link
- You must agree to the declaration to submit your application
- If you do not submit your application, you will not be considered further for this job
Visit here to learn how to Create an Account
Using this system: The system is not available between 7:15 a.m. and 7:45 a.m., Eastern Time, every Thursday. At any time, please ensure you log out of the system when you are done and do not leave your session unattended.