There are differences between Facebook Account Deactivation and Deletion. In this article, you will definitely find out and know the one you will want to use when you want to deactivate or delete your account. The step to carry out each of them is simple as A, B, C, D.
It gets to a point when you will get feed up with the social media platform and you will either want to take a break from the platform or get rid of it for good. Whichever one it is going to be, there are some basic steps you will need to follow and that is after you’ve known the differences.
SEE NOW: Steps To Facebook Account Reactivation – FB.com Activation
Differences Between Facebook Account Deactivation & Deletion
Read the differences between Facebook Account Deactivation & Deletion below.
If you deactivate your account, the following will happen;
- You can reactivate whenever you want.
- People can’t see your timeline or search for you.
- Some information may remain visible to others.
- You will not be able to use your Facebook account to access Oculus Products or your Oculus information.
How To Deactivate Your Facebook Account
To deactivate your account, you should follow the steps below
- Go to www.facebook.com from your computer browser
- Log in with your registered details
- On the homepage, click on the arrow at the top right side
- Select “Settings & Privacy” and then click on “Settings”
- Next, click on “your Facebook information” in the left column
- Then click on Deactivation and deletion, choose “deactivate account”
- Click Continue to Account Deactivation and follow the instructions to confirm.
While on the other hand, if you delete your account, the following will happen;
- You can’t regain access once it’s deleted.
- Facebook delay deletion a few days after it’s requested. (A deletion request is cancelled if you log back into your Facebook account during this time).
- Friends may still have access to messages you sent after your account has been deleted because some information, such as messaging history, isn’t stored in your account.
- Copies of some material may remain in the Facebook database but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- If you use your Facebook account to log in to Oculus, deleting your Facebook account will also delete your Oculus information. This includes your app purchases and your achievements. You will no longer be able to return any apps and will lose any existing store credits.
How To Delete Your Facebook Account
To delete your Facebook account, see the steps given below
- Go to www.facebook.com from your computer browser and sign in
- Click the dark arrow in the top right of Facebook and select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information in the left column and click Deactivation and Deletion.
- Choose Permanently Delete Account, then click Continue to Account Deletion.
- Click Delete Account, enter your password, and then click Continue.
READ ALSO: Step-by-step Guide To Creating A Facebook Account – FB.com Sign Up Account
With the above, you will definitely see the differences between Facebook Account Deactivation & Deletion. You can choose whether to use the first or the latter, it all depends on your choice.
However, if you have any questions about the differences between Facebook Account Deactivation & Deletion, feel free to use the comment box below.