Securing Social Media platforms is what Should be done generally, and that is why we previously on how to Enable Facebook two-factor Authentication, and also Instagram Account two-factor Authentication for Security Purposes. Now, we will be looking at how to Enable Twitter Two-Factor Authentication to also Secure Twitter Account.
Enabling two-factor Authentication on Twitter, Gives you account an extra Layer of Protection Especially if it is a personal Account. This is done to also reduce the risk of Hackers having Access to you Twitter Account.
Just like the Facebook and Instagram method of Applying the two-factor Authentication, So is it Applied on Twitter. All that is there to do is to enter a code that will be sent Via SMS to You mobile Phone, This process is done to make sure that you alone have access to your Account.
How to Enable Twitter Two-Factor Authentication
How this two Factor Authentication will work is that have you might have Enabled it, Then anytime you will want to login to your Account with another device you will be asked to for the SMS Code that will be sent to you in addition to your Username and Password.
Now See steps to Enable Two-factor Authentication for your twitter Account Below;
- From your Browser, Login to your Twitter Account
- Click on your Account Avatar (Profile) on the Top Right Corner
- From the Drop down Menu, Navigate and Click on ‘Settings and Privacy’
- Now if you didn’t Register Your Account With your Phone Number, Select ‘Add Phone Number’
- Enter your Phone Number and Click on ‘Continue’ (But if You Registered your Phone Number, then Skip to Step 8)
- In few Seconds, You will get a Code Sent to that Phone Number. Enter it and Click on ‘Activate Phone’
- Once you’ve Clicked the Activate Phone, Then the Page Will Lead you to Mobile Setting Page.
- Remember, we want to Enable two-factor Verification – Now perform Step 2 and 3 again.
- Under the Security, Select Verify Login Request by the side of Login Verification
- On the Next Page Click on “Start” after reading how two-factor Works
- A new page comes up for you to Verify your Twitter Password, enter it and Click on ‘Verify’
- Confirm your Phone Number and Click on Send Code
- An sms will be sent to you containing you Code, Enter it in the Space provided and Click “Submit”
- Finally, Click on ‘Get Backup Code’ Copy the Code (Keep it safe for future references) and Click ‘Done’.
Whenever you log in to your account on twitter.com, Twitter for iOS, Twitter for Android, or mobile.twitter.com, a six-digit login code will be sent via SMS to your phone.
Enter the code when prompted to access your account. With this, Your twitter Account will be accessed by you alone.
Please feel free to Share this page link on your social media accounts so that others can also know about it, and also use the COMMENT BOX below for any question or Recommendation on How to Enable Twitter Two-Factor Authentication and We will be in touch with you shortly. Thanks