Looking for a place to buy or sell? Look no further as the very social media platform you know very well now have a market place for your community. Whatever it is you want to sell or buy, you can do it if you have an account on www.facebook.com
What are you selling offline, do you know Facebook is more than an entertainment platform as you can now bring your offline store online? Whatever it is you are selling, you can showcase your market to more people on the marketplace
Also, for buyers who are looking. For affordable items, whether new or second hand, you can get it right in the giant mobile app in your hand. All you have to do is to adhere to the basics of this article.
The Facebook community always look for ways to add to people’s lives and not just to scroll through news feed to get the latest news or check friends uploads but to also get the value of what is needed in every day to day life. That is why the platform made it possible to apply for jobs near you on Facebook, and as employers, you can post jobs that you want people to fill.
There are lots of categories you can sell or buy from and I have taken my time to list them out for you below.
Table of Contents
Facebook Marketplace Categories
- Home & Garden: Tools, furniture, garden, appliances, household
- Clothing & Accessories: Jewelry, bags and luggage, men’s clothing and shoes, women’s clothing, and shoes
- Electronics: Mobile phones, electronics, and computers
- Family: toys and games, baby & kids, pet supplies, health & beauty
- Classifieds: Garage sale, miscellaneous
- Hobbies: sports & outdoors, musical instruments, arts & crafts, antiques & collectibles, auto parts, bicycles
- Entertainment: Books, movies, and music, video games
- Jobs: full-time, part-time, internship, volunteer, contract
- Home Sales
Facebook App Update
You need to update your Facebook app in order to see the feature. Your Facebook application may not have the feature in it unless you’ve updated it to the latest version. To carry out the updating steps, simply adhere to the instructions below.
- Open your Google Play Store or App Store from your mobile app drawer
- In the search bar, type and search for “Facebook”
- Select the official Facebook app from the list of applications displayed
- Tap on “update” and the application will start updating on your mobile phone
How To Access Facebook Marketplace
After a successful update of the Facebook app, then accessing the marketplace becomes easy as A, B, C, D. Most times you won’t have to tap anywhere to go to the marketplace because it will be displayed while you are navigating through the newsfeed.
But in the case you don’t see it from your newsfeed, you can use the steps below to access the marketplace.
- Open the updated Facebook app from your app drawer
- Sign in with your Facebook details (registered email address and password) if you are not signed in
- Then tap on the hamburger line (here lines) at the top right side of the page
- Navigate down and tap on the “marketplace” link with a store icon
- After step four (4) above, on the next page, you will “today’s picks”. You can tap on the item you want and on the next page, you can send the seller a message to know the availability of the item and how it can get to you
- After step four (4) above, on the next page, tap on the “Sell” icon at the top left
- Select the category of the item you want to sell and on the next page, create your listing (add relevant and accurate information to help buyers learn more about what you are selling)
It’s as simple as that.
FB Marketplace Shortcut
To locate the shortcut, open your mobile Facebook app, Then at the top side of the page are various icons. You will see the store icon, tap on it and you will be taken to the marketplace.
Meanwhile, share this Facebook Marketplace article on your social media account so that others can know about it. If you have any questions, feel free to use the comment box below