The Fully-funded UK Chevening scholarship Programs enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK. But like you should know before any application can be considered, few things like the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future will be surely considered during the application.
This Fully-funded scholarships to undertake any master’s course at any UK university will take care of your flights, accommodation, and course fees too. However, before I proceed in showing you all this, I think is also good you check out what you really have to know before you can proceed with your application.
About UK Chevening scholarship Program
Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of fields; including politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia in any UK University
- Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with strong academic backgrounds who also have demonstrable leadership potential.
- The scholarship offers financial support to study for a Master’s degree at any of the UK’s leading universities and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 44,000 alumni.
- There are approximately 1,500 Chevening Scholarships on offer globally for the2018/2019 academic cycle.
- These scholarships represent a significant investment from the UK government to develop the next cohort of global leaders.
So without taking much of the time here, I will also like you to check out what one needs to be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship and also you must not do.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee (since July 2017) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for International Development; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee (since July 2017) of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization from which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be full-time, and:
- Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
- Taught master’s (i.e. not research-focused MRes programs)
- Lead to a master’s degree qualification
- Based in the UK
Courses cannot be:
- Distance learning
- Less than nine months in duration
- More than 12 months in duration
- Ph.D. or DPhil
- Taught with more than one month of study outside the UK
Eligible African Countries: Developing countries
Value of Scholarship:
A full Chevening Scholarship award normally comprises: payment of tuition fees; travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only; an arrival allowance; a grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required); an excess baggage allowance; the cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
Also not forgotten a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside of London. It is currently £917 per month outside London and £1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
So here you go. So let quickly proceed with the Online application system where you can proceed with your application because All Chevening applications must be submitted through the online application system (OAS). This system will be used throughout the application and selection process, and you may be asked to log back in at various points during the process to receive updates on your application status, or to submit documents.
How To Apply Fully-Funded UK Chevening Scholarship For Master’s Course at Any UK University
First thing first, you will have to understand that Chevening is not a university but a company offering Fully-funded scholarships to undertake any master’s course at any UK university.
So with is understanding above, you will have to check out how you can proceed with your application.
Visit the Chevening scholarship For Master’s course at any UK university site application at https://www.chevening.org/apply/
Now when the site opens, use the search bar or Begin by selecting your country of a citizenship application
Finally, once you find yours, then click it out and then you can click on Apply below the page
So at this point, you will then see wat it really take to proceed with your application and the application Form where you will have to provide the required information.
Is also very import for you to know when the Chevening Scholarships close, However, once you visit the Fully-Funded UK Chevening Scholarship Programs you wish to apply for, then you will the application deadline date.