How you can hide Whatsapp photos from your phone Gallery in Android – Are you tired of friends not giving your Phone the privacy it deserves? Do you want to hide those crazy photos you got from Whatsapp and you don’t want any one to see it? Then this article is for you.
Knowing that WhatsApp is more than a messaging app. It’s personal. And we don’t want others to invade our privacy. So what do we do? you Lock It.
Talk of App Locking; Check this out: Install CM Security applock
But Locking whatsapp does not guaranty the lock of Whatsapp Photos.
The steps below should guide you on how you can keep your Photos from friends that don’t want to give your phone some privacy;
- First you need to download a file manager app that will allow you access WhatsApp directory in your SD card. Try ES File Explorer from Google Play Store.
- Once you have the file Manager installed, Open It.
- Then Navigate to Open your WhatsApp Folder and then click Media.
- Go to WhatsApp images and click on the three dots that appear at the top right. This will pop up a New Box. select File as shown in the picture below.
- Now you have to create a file named as .nomedia (Note the dot before the nomedia) and click OK. You will get a message saying ‘.nomedia has been created‘.
- Return to your phone gallery and then you will see that your WhatsApp folder has disappeared. (If it hasn’t, try clearing the cache for your gallery app in Settings > Apps/app manager > Gallery/album, depending on your phone’s manufacturer.
If you want to see the Folder
If you want to delete the folder
Go back to your WhatsApp images folder, you can see your hidden files. Long press the .nomedia file and delete it. This will make your WhatsApp images reappear in your phone gallery.
If they don’t, you should clean the cache and reboot your phone if required.
That’s all to it.
Please SHARE this Post and Kindly improve us better on How you can hide Whatsapp photos from your phone Gallery in Android with your suggestions and opinions by using the COMMENT BOX below. Thanks