The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered to citizens of certain developing commonwealth countries. In this article, you are going to know more about the scholarship programme and the basic steps you need to take to apply.
These scholarships are funded by the foreign commonwealth and development office (FCDO), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth
The scholarships are offered under six themes and they are listed below.
1. Science and technology for development
2. Strengthening health systems and capacity
3. Promoting global prosperity
4. Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
5. Strengthening resilience and response to crises
6. Access, inclusion, and opportunity.
To be eligible for the scholarship programme, candidates should meet the following requirements.
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible commonwealth country or a British protected person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship
Scholarship Eligible Countries
The following countries are eligible for the scholarship.
- The Gambia
- Papua New
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
How To Apply For Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
To apply for the scholarship programme, you have to adhere to the instructions given below.
- Click HERE TO APPLY
- On the next page, under “New User” enter a username, password, email address
- Click on Submit and you will be taken to the application platform where you can start your scholarship application immediately
Each participating UK university will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC by 4th June 2021.
The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme and universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2021.
Selection criteria include:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
The application closing date for the scholarship online application is on the 26th Of April, 2021.
Kindly share these Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships on your social media account so that others can know about them. Also, use the comment box below for any questions regarding this article and DailiesRoom.com will be here to answer you.