Before looking forward to learning How to Apply for Firs Tax Identification Number Online or FIRS TIN Registration Online, you must first know that THE TIN OF AN INDIVIDUAL IS DIFFERENT FROM THE TIN FOR A BUSINESS NAME OR A INCORPORATED COMPANY.
A few days ago, among other fan/views that was asking for How to Apply Firs Tax Identification Number Online Now, one of them stated:
Good morning sir/Ma, I want to apply for tin no online but am unable to open the site for me to sign up . Pls kindly use your good office to treat as urgent. Thank you.
And another also added: how to apply for FIRS TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER ONLINE, Thats the message am trying to pass across to you. thank you for your quick response
What is TIN?
Just in case you really don’t know what The tax identification number (TIN) is, then am pleased to tell you that The tax identification number is a unique identifier for an individual or a company for the specific purpose of tax remittance.
So now you know that a business or Individual rally need firs tin registration online because its really important since it helps to shows that you are a registered tax payer in Nigeria, and as you know that tax payment is made compulsory, every company, business, an individual must have their own unique tax identification number.
However, here in this post, you will be learning tax identification number application, Registration or Verification for both business or Individual and also help you in knowing What else you need a TIN for apart from tax identification?
FIRS TIN Application Portal
You can get or do what you will like to do on TIN with this Portal: www.firs.gov.ng/Pages/default.aspx. But remember that you still have to go through this process below so as to learn How to Apply for Firs Tax Identification Number Online Free for Business or Individual.
How to Apply for Firs Tax Identification Number Online Free for Individuals
To Application for TIN as an individual, You have to head over to the nearest Inland Revenue Office along with the original and photocopies of your national recognized ID card like your driver’s license, permanent voters’ card, International passport etc.
You will also be required to complete and submit an application form Offline and not Online
How to apply for TIN: Companies/ Business names
All registration statements have been made by the Joint tax board on registering for the TIN. If you are also the tech-savvy business person, you can do all your TIN registration online by checking the FIRS service platform here.: https://apps.firs.gov.ng/eservices/myservices
Below are the documents you would need to apply for TIN as a company already incorporated. Head over to the Federal Inland Revenue Service office closest to your company’s registered address in the list that is here, with the following documents
- Certificate of Incorporation forms CAC2 and CAC7
- Your memorandum and article of association
- Your company seal – this will be used to stamp the TIN registration forms at the FIRS office.
- Utility Bill – PHCN or Water bills
- A written application to the office of the FIRS chairman on your company’s letter headed paper
- The completed TIN application form ( The FIRS office gives this form in triplicates, so you are expected to fill and submit the forms). The tax application will request for the following information:
- Name of your Company
- Registered Office of your company
- Business Address of your company ( you may leave this blank if your registered office is same as your business address)
- Precise Nature of your Business
- Date of company Incorporation
- Date the Company Commenced Business
- Accounting Date of your company
- Name and Address of Banker(s) ( if you have opened a bank account)
- Particulars of Major Shareholders of your company
- Particulars of Directors of your company
- Name and Address of Auditors for your company
- Name and Address of Tax Representative of your company
I will advise you to make as many photocopies of these documents as possible because the originals will not be received by the tax office.
Things You Can Do With TIN apart from tax identification?
You show know by now that there are other things Firs Tax Identification Number can be used for apart from identifying a business or individual as a registered taxpayer and that includes:
1. Opening a of business account
2. Application for government loans
3. For foreign exchange and receipt of capital importation into the country
4. A TIN is necessary for licenses relating to trade, import and export
5. Registration of cars
6. Certificate of occupancy application
7. To obtain the Tax clearance certificate for individuals and companies which shows that you are a tax compliant business
8. To obtain tax incentives, tax waivers and certain tax allowances.
Do you have other things that you know TIN is used for? Drop them in the comment section below. We can all learn together. Also if you have any challenge(s) to Apply for Firs Tax Identification Number Online, you can also tell us below.