To Backup iPhone To iCloud or iTunes is Simply the best that any Apple phone user can do. With this, you’ll have a copy of your information to use in case your device is ever replaced, lost, or damaged. Here you will learn the difference between iCloud and iTunes and How you can backup to any of them.
You can copy and save the information on your iOS device by backing it up. If you replace your device, you can easily use it’s backup to transfer your information to a new iOS device. And on how you carryout your Backup, You can decide the method you wish to use for it (either iCloud or iTunes)
In other to choose better, the method you should use, Take a Look at the Difference below;
- It Stores backups in iCloud
- It Offers up to 2TB of storage (your first 5GB are free)
- iCloud Always encrypts your backups
- Also, it Lets you create and use backups from anywhere with Wi-Fi
- It Stores backups on your Mac or PC
- Storage depends on your Mac or PC’s available space
- It Offers encrypted backups (off by default)
- iTunes Allow you to create and use backups from your Mac or PC
So Which of them will you prefer? See the Steps below
How To Backup iPhone To iCloud Or iTunes
To backup on iCloud:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi or mobile network (Preferably 3G or 4G network).
- Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings, then scroll down and tap “iCloud”.
- Then Tap iCloud Backup. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Backup. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.
- Finally, Tap Back Up Now. Make Sure you are connected to your Wi-Fi or mobile network until the process completes.
You can check the progress and confirm that the backup is completed by taking the steps below.
— Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
— Under Back Up Now, you’ll see the date and time of your last backup.
To Backup on iTunes:
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer.
- A message will pop up, asking if you want to Trust This Computer, tap “trust” or “allow.”
- Select your iPhone when it appears in the sidebar of iTunes.
- Click Back Up Now.
- You can see if the backup finished successfully on the Summary screen in iTunes. Just look under “Latest Backup” to find the date and time.
Hope this article was helpful? Let us know what you think on How To Backup iPhone To iCloud Or iTunes by using the COMMENT BOX Below