In this article, you will learn what it takes to become a Lyft driver, the signup process, benefits, Lyft driver login steps, the Lyft driver app download, and more. So if you will like to make money as a driver on Lyft, then you have to adhere to the basics of this article and you will be good to go.
Becoming a Lyft driver is not difficult if you meet the requirements and sign up on the platform. One thing loved about Lyft is that it gives everyone who is ready to work and make money an opportunity, provided you meet the criteria then you are welcome to drive.
Signing up to become a driver on Lyft is easy as A, B, C, D and at the same time Free. Yes, free! But in case you don’t know about what you are getting into, we will like to tell you more about Lyft.
What is Lyft?
Lyft is a platform just like Uber that matches drivers with passengers who request for rides through the Lyft mobile app and the passengers pay automatically through the app.
So if you have big dreams in life, Lyft can take you there. All you need to do is to check out the requirements and if you meet up with it, then be your own boss and make tour dreams come through.
How Lyft Driving Works
- Open the Lyft driver app and tap on drive mode.
- Accept a ride request
- Pick up your passenger
- Once the ride is over, the app processes pay from the passenger’s saved credit card.
Benefits Of Becoming A Driver On Lyft
Is there anything in for me as a driver? Yes, of course, there are a lot aside from what you are paid to drive, you can also benefit the following:
- You can earn tips from your passengers.
- Increase prime time pricing during Peak hours.
- Meet friendly people – both drivers and passengers.
- Make money on your own schedule.
How Do I Get Paid On Lyft As Driver?
All payments are made through the driver app weekly, so you will need to add your banking information to get paid.
Your pay on Lyft is based on the distance and time of a ride. You can also set up express pay to cash out as you like.
Is It Safe To Drive With Lyft?
It is very safe to drive with Lyft. As a matter of fact, the driver and passenger’s safety is Lyft’s number one priority. Lyft got you covered always before, during, and after the ride.
To show you how safe it is, Lyft got the following for you:
- Emergency Assistance: As a driver, you can always contact 911 directly from your app.
- 24/7 Support: You can always contact the customer support team by phone or email with any issue on and off the road.
- Insurance: From the time you switch to driver mode until the time you drop the last passenger, you are always covered.
Lyft Driver Requirements
To drive for Lyft, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be 21 years or older
- Driver’s license
- Insurance and other documents: if you are using your own car, upload your insurance registration. Some regions will require vehicle inspection
- Your car or a rental: you must have a 4-door vehicle or rent a car through Lyft express drive (vehicle requirements varies by region)
- A background check: Lyft will need your permission to run a criminal background check and to review your driving history.
How To Become A Lyft Driver
Take the steps below to become a Lyft Driver.
- From your browser, visit Lyft official Page at www.lyft.com and click “Apply To Drive” Or “Driver” at the top right side of the page.
- Enter your valid phone number in the space provided and Agree to Lyft’s terms of service
- Then Click on “Apply To Drive” and on the next page, Provide your first name, last name
- Provide your email address and enter the city you’ll drive-in. Also, enter a promo/referral code if any and click on “Apply To Drive” again
Lyft Driver Login
- When you visit the website at www.lyft.com, Simply click on “login” at the top right side of the page
- On the next page, enter your mobile phone registered with Lyft (You will sent a text to verify your phone number)
- Click on “Next” and enter the verification code sent to your phone number and click “Next” again.
- Then follow on screen instructions to successfully sign-in to your Lyft driver dashboard.
Lyft Driver’s Mobile App Download
The Lyft Driver’s app is available for download from the Google Play Store (Android Users) and App Store (iOS Users). You can also fill the application form from the mobile app when downloaded successfully.
It is free to download the app, simply visit your mobile store and search for “Lyft”.
When You’ve successfully uploaded the required documents and Lyft checked your background, then you are ready to start making money from your driving.
More On Lyft Driving
We want to give you some important tips while you make use of the platform.
- Make sure to review your driver guide book.
- Make sure the Lyft emblem and other required documents are in your car.
- To make more money, open the Lyft driver app, go online to start to get ride requests.
Take the steps above and become a boss of your own today by driving people to their destinations.
If you have any question on this Lyft driver login, feel free to reach us with it by using the comment box below.