You can simply disable Facebook Video Autoplay to save yourself data and in this article, you’ll learn the basic steps you need to take to get started. Video autoplay is simply videos that play automatically on your Facebook newsfeed.
Facebook is a social media platform that allows users to share and view videos. These videos can be the ones posted by you or the people you follow or your friends.
The autopay videos can be seen when you are scrolling through your newsfeed, and you began to wonder when you played those videos. Well, it has to do with your settings and believe me when I say you can simply disable the video autoplay without stress.
Autoplay can be convenient for users, as it allows them to discover new videos without having to click on each one to play them. However, some users may find it annoying or distracting, especially if they are using a mobile device with limited data or battery life.
How To Disable Facebook Video Autoplay
To disable autoplay on Facebook videos, follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app on your device and sign in with your registered email address and password
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom right corner to open the menu.
- Tap “Settings & Privacy.” and tap on “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap “Media and Contacts.”
- Tap “Autoplay.” and select “Off” to disable autoplay.
Alternatively, you can disable autoplay in your device’s browser by following these steps:
- Open Facebook in a web browser on your device at www.facebook.com
- Enter your registered email address and password
- Click on Login and click the three horizontal lines in the top left corner to open the menu.
- Click “Settings.” and click “Videos” in the left-hand menu.
- Under the “Video Settings” section, click the dropdown menu next to “Auto-Play Videos” and select “Off.”
If you’d like to turn off autoplay for video ads specifically, you can do so by following these steps:
- Open Facebook in a web browser on your device.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the top left corner to open the menu.
- Click “Settings.” and click “Ads” in the left-hand menu.
- Under the “Ad Preferences” section, click “Edit” next to “Video.”
- Toggle the switch next to “Auto-Play Video Ads” to the “Off” position.
I believe with the steps above probably taken, you can easily Disable Facebook Video Autoplay | Turnoff Autoplay Video In Facebook. If you have any questions, feel free to use the comment box below.