You and I need to get COVID-19 Vaccine to stay safe from the virus and in this article, I’m going to tutor you all you need to know about the virus and the preventive measures you should take by getting vaccinated.
The World Health Organization believes that everyone, everywhere who could benefit from safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines should have access as quickly as possible, starting with those at highest risk of serious disease or death.
Which is the more reason why you should know how you can get the vaccine and make use of it for your own good.
Taking the Covid-19 vaccination is a safe and effective way to prevent disease and save lives, even as the world is under a great pandemic now.
Covid-19 Vaccination And Immunization
For those who have been wondering what vaccination is all about, you have to read here to know what it is.
- Vaccination is a simple, safe, and effective way of protecting people against harmful diseases, before they come into contact with them.
- Vaccines simply use your body’s natural defenses to build resistance to specific infections and make your immune system stronger.
- Vaccines train your immune system to create antibodies, just as it does when it’s exposed to a disease. However, because vaccines contain only killed or weakened forms of germs like viruses or bacteria, they do not cause the disease or put you at risk of its complications.
- Most vaccines are given by injection, but some are given orally (by mouth) or sprayed into the nose.
How Does Covid-19 Vaccine Work?
The vaccine works with your body’s natural defenses to build your body’s protection. It reduces the risk of you getting a disease. See some of the ways the Covid-19 Vaccine works.
- It recognizes the invading germ, such as the virus.
- The Vaccine produces antibodies.
- It remembers the disease and how to fight it.
How To Get COVID-19 Vaccine
Having gotten a little knowledge about what Vaccine is all about, how then can one get Covid-19 Vaccine? Read On
Well, before you can get the Vaccine especially in Nigeria, you will have to carry out the registration steps and apply to get it. To apply, you will need the following;
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- A form of ID
- A residential address that includes your state
- Your L.G.A of residence
- Your ward of residence.
Covid-19 Vaccine Registration Portal
The Government of Nigeria through the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) is leading Nigeria’s efforts to access safe, effective, and efficacious COVID-19 vaccines. The official portal for Covid-19 registration in Nigeria is www.nphcda.gov.ng. To register, you have to visit the official page and follow the steps below;
- On the homepage, click on the “Covid-19 Vaccination e-Registration” button
- Follow onscreen instructions to complete your registration
After a successful registration, follow prompts and stay up to date to know when to get your vaccine.
You just have to be safe especially in this period of coronavirus pandemic. Keep yourself, your family members vaccinated by going through the steps that I have outlined above.
COVID-19 vaccines are available for everyone at no cost.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions about this method to Get COVID-19 Vaccine | Covid-19 Vaccination And Immunization, feel free to use the comment box below.