Many people enjoy watching and sharing videos online with people who are of different kinds of races, religions, and cultures and at the same time earning from it. Some are to inspire them while some are to follow people they look up to or also to share their ideas and experiences to enhance their earnings. In this article, I would love to share with you steps on how to make money from youtube channel without difficulties.
YouTube has been known to be one of the largest search engines in the world as people from different parts of the world use it to find new things that might inspire them or help them achieve their dreams. It is a very popular online site used for different purposes.
Users of youtube are allowed to upload, view, rate, share, add to playlists, report, and comment on videos on its site. It also allows users to subscribe to other youtube users.
It offers a wide variety of content such as TV show clips, live streams, audio recordings, music videos, short and documentary films, video clips, video blogging, educational videos, short original videos, movie trailers, and lots more. Most of the content on youtube are uploaded by individuals and you can carve out a niche for yourself and monetize it, and trust me when I say you won’t regret it if there is consistency.
Once you are a registered user on youtube, you can upload an unlimited number of videos and also add comments to videos on its site but if you are not yet a registered user, you can only watch videos but not upload any video on the site.
Some videos on youtube are age-restricted and are available to only registered users affirming themselves to be at least 18 years old. Once you are not up to 18 years yet, you won’t be able to open and watch the videos with age restrictions.
Table of Contents
Features Of YouTube
- Video Technology
- YouTube Go
- YouTube TV
- Shares and Comments
- YouTube Premium
- Like Buttons
- YouTube Streaming
- Content Accessibility
- YouTube Music, etc
So many successful youtube users got popular because they created content with other youtube influencers. Before you can work with any youtube influencers, you will need to grow your following a bit. So, therefore, you will need to partner with people at the same level as you. For example, if you have a thousand subscribers you would like to partner with other youtube users that also have a thousand subscribers.
Youtube Channel Account Creation Requirements
To create your Youtube channel, you will need a GMAIL Account. To create one quickly, you can read these Steps To Create A Gmail Account Fast. In using the Youtube channel, the Gmail email account is recommended because when you will want to monetize your platform through Google AdSense, you won’t be able to do so with other email providers.
Also, you will need a very good internet connection, then the name you want to use for your channel.
How To Create & Setup A Youtube Channel
Many people might want to own a youtube channel and start enjoying the features that youtube contains but don’t know how to go about it. Always have in mind that before you can own a youtube channel, you will need a google account since youtube is a google company. Once you have a google account, then you are free to start creating a youtube channel.
Below are the steps to follow in creating a youtube channel:
- Once you have a google account, go to youtube official website at www.youtube.com and click on “Sign In” at the top right-hand corner. This will take you to the same google sign-in page as your Gmail account, so sign in if you have not.
- You will see a drop-down menu, click on Create a channel, and select “Get Started” on the next page.
- Then choose how to create your channel name from the options displayed (You can use your name or use a custom name) by clicking on Select.
- Fill the details required, which includes the name of your channel and verify your account. Then click on Done
- You might be asked to verify the account through text message or voice call, if that happens, enter the code you received from the option you chose. Once your account has been verified you will be taken to the dashboard for your channel
- On the dashboard, click on “Customize channel”, then you will be taken to your channel page where you will see a little cogwheel at the top right-hand corner, click on the cogwheel and also click on the section that reads “Advanced settings”, then you will enter some basic information about your channel as required
- Add links and descriptive details (you can read how to channel description HERE) to your channel and other webpages associated with your brand. These two elements tell your channel visitors who might eventually become your subscribers what purpose your channel serves and the type of video content they should expect to be published by you.
- The next thing is to upload your profile picture, as an influencer, a high-quality headshot will be good to go with and if you are a brand your logo or recent artwork will be better to help make it easier for people to find you on youtube.
- Now you will need to start creating videos and optimize them for a search to start growing your channel but before you do so, you will have to research topics and choose the right format of videos for your audience.
- After creating your video to be uploaded, the next thing is to add a title. It is the title of the video that will determine if your visitor will click to watch your video or not as their eyes usually go to the title of the video first to know if it is what they are looking for not. You should always make sure that the title of your video is clear and not only compelling.
- Another thing is to add a description to your video. Your description should be limited to 1000 characters and also, youtube displays the first to third lines of text which might be around 100 characters, so add the most important information at the beginning of the description.
- Next thing is to add tags not to only let your viewers know what the video is all about but to also inform youtube to understand the content and context of your video so that youtube can associate your video with similar videos that can expand your content’s reach.
- Finally, you will choose a category for your video, which is another way to group your video with similar content on youtube though it might not be as simple as it sounds as you will be asked few questions by youtube’s “creator academy”.
Having successfully followed the steps above, you’ve not only officially created a YouTube channel but also learned how to optimize your content for more reach.
How To Make Money From YouTube Channel
Many people who created a Youtube channel or who wants to still create one which can be done using the steps I have given above, do so with the intention of making money from their channel. Now for you to make money from youtube, there are some processes you have to follow and adhere to. Some of these processes are as follows:
Develop An Audience
To make money from your channel, you have to build an audience and how do you do that? its very simple! all you have to do is to make the best content that you can and subscribers will come to you. You just give them the best, and just like a magnet, you keep getting more subscribers.
Be consistent in uploading content, share them on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram, and also interact with your viewers by responding to their comments to get them hooked to your channel.
To start earning money from your channel, you will have to allow youtube to place ads in your video.
Set Up Google Adsense
Another way to enable monetization is by setting up a Google Adsense. You will gain money per ad click and a little amount per view which is smaller but adds up over time through audience increment. READ THIS: How To Create Google Adsense Account For Website Monetization
Monitor Your Analytics
Always check out the analytics on your videos online being viewed and which you are gaining money from to know their performance by clicking the Analytics option in your channel menu. If you notice that your content is not attracting users, change your content and try to come up with something more fascinating.
Market Your Videos On Third-party Platforms
Upload your videos elsewhere and not just on youtube, either on your blogs, websites, or other social media platforms. The more views it gets the more you grow. The platforms can be Facebook, Twitter, and the likes of them
When creating videos place affiliate links in the actual videos or the description details which are links to products you review and use in your videos that will attract purchases.
For decades, most people have been making a lot of money off Youtube, and you can get started by using the basic steps I have given in this article.
However, if you have any questions on this method to make money from youtube channel, feel free to relate it with DailiesRoom.com via the comment box below.