Facebook has made it possible to see your friends and loved ones through the video calling feature that the platform comes with. In this article, I will tell you more about the Facebook Video Chat and the easy steps to take to start one.
The easiest and fastest way to have face-to-face video calls with your Facebook friends is just a few clicks away, all you have to do is to follow the guidelines that have been given in this article.
Video calls can be very wonderful when you have a very good internet connection and as well as making it with a special person. You have the chance to make the video calls with any of your Facebook friends provided they are ready for it.
You will be able to video chat with just one person, or with a group of people, The basics steps to get started is simple as A, B, C, D, and when you follow the instructions here properly, then you are very much good to go.
How Much Does It Cost To Make Video Call?
Most people are worried if they will have to pay to make use of this wonderful feature that lets you see the other person face to face even when they are in a far place.
Well, as a matter of fact, it is very much free to use the video chat feature, provided the feature is available in your area, then you have nothing to worry about payment. But you must make sure you have a good internet connection.
How Does The Messenger (Facebook) Video Call Work?
The working principle is quite simple. When you initiate the video calls, your IP address will be shared with the other person’s device to establish a peer-to-peer connection. The peer-to-peer connection uses your IP address to connect directly with the person you’re calling to help improve the video quality of your call. While this happens in the background, it may be possible for the other person to discover your IP address.
Facebook Video Chat
This video chat also refers to “Messenger Video Chat” and it can be done from your Facebook messenger. See the steps given here.
To Video chat from your Pc, follow the under listed guidelines.
- Go to www.facebook.com from your PC browser
- Enter your Facebook email address or phone number
- Enter your password and click on “Login”
- Click on the Messenger icon at the top right side of the page
- Select the person’s conversation you want to make a video call with
- Once the conversation opens, click on the video icon by the side of the person’s name to start a video call.
- A new tab opens, to use your microphone and your camera, click on “Allow” (Facebook will use your camera and microphone so others on the call can see and hear you. You can turn this off later)
To end a video call after you are done, you can click on the red icon with a telephone icon.
If you want to video chat on the messenger for android, then you have to follow the instructions below.
- Make sure you’ve downloaded messenger on your android phone from your Google Play Store
- Open the app and login with your Facebook registered login details
- From “chats”, open the conversation of the person you want to video chat with
- Then tap on the Video icon to get started with your video chat
When you follow the steps given above, then you are very much good to go with your video calls, and you can make it for as long as you want.
If you have any questions on this Facebook Video Chat, feel free to use the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media account so that others can know about it.