Facebook Face recognition is used to analyze the photos and videos that the FB platform thinks you’re in. In this article, you are going to know more about the feature and the basic steps to turn it on and start using. It is for everyone who has gotten the feature, as the steps to get started is simple.
There is some post that Facebook might think that you are in, such as your profile picture, photos, and videos that you’ve been tagged in, to make a unique number for you, called a template. When you turn your face recognition setting on, FB creates your template and uses it to compare to other photos, videos, and other places where the camera is used (like live video) to recognize if you appear in that content.
This said template is not shared with anyone on Facebook. With the face recognition feature turned on, Facebook will be able to do the following;
1. Find photos and videos you’re in so that it can help you review or share content, suggest tags, and provide more relevant content and feature recommendations.
2. When you add a photo, Facebook may suggest that you tag people in photos.
3. If we think that you’re in a photo or video that your friend has added, Facebook may suggest that your friend tag you.
4. Help protect you and others from impersonation and identity misuse, and improve platform reliability.
5. Provide accessibility features by telling people with visual impairments who’s in a photo or video.
FB Face Recognition Requirement
The face recognition setting is only available to people who are over 18. People under 18 won’t have the face recognition setting.
People who newly join FB.COM or who previously had the tag suggestions setting will have the face recognition setting and will receive information about how it works.
How To Turn On Facebook Face Recognition
Follow the steps below to turn on the feature for your account
- Tap Main Menu in the top right of Facebook.
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Privacy and tap “Face Recognition”.
- Tap “Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos?”
- Select “Yes” or “No” to confirm your choice.
You can as well follow the same steps as given above to turn-off the feature.
With the steps above, you will successfully set up your FB face recognition. All you have to do is to follow the steps carefully and you are very much good to go.
However, if you have any questions on this method to turn on Facebook Face Recognition From Your Mobile Phone, feel free to relate it with DailieRoom.com by using the comment box below.