Security Measures to Keep Facebook Account Safe are the Only thing you need to do to Avoid being Hacked and so on. And talking about security; We previously gave you an article on steps to secure your Facebook Account. Now in securing you Facebook Account we also want to Introduce to you and additional Security Measure You can take: it’s Two-Factor Authentication.
The Question: What is Two-Factor Authentication?
Probably, that’s the Question you might be asking Now.
Two-Factor Authentication is also a security measure you take that helps protect your Facebook account in addition to your password.
How does it Work?
When Two-Factor Authentication is turned On, Then you are to enter a Login Approval anytime you Login to Your Facebook Account through any Other Computer or Mobile Device. With this, an Hacker or someone trying to access your account will not be able to Login to Your Account.
How to Keep Facebook Account Safe with Two-Factor Authentication
Now to Turn On the Two-Factor Authentication Using a Computer;
- Open your “Browser” on the computer.
- And Click On the Black arrow facing Down at the top right Corner.
- Then Click on “Settings”
- Click on ‘Security and Login’
- Navigate down to Use two-factor authentication and click Edit
- Now choose the Authentication type you want to use and follow the on Screen Instructions
- Finally Click ‘Enable’ once you’ve selected and turned on an authentication method.
Turn On the Two-Factor Authentication Using a Android device;
- Open Facebook on your Android and go to More (Hamburger Line or 3 lines) at the top right corner of your screen and tap Account Settings > Security and Login.
- Tap Use two-factor authentication.
- Tap Two Factor Authentication.
- Then go through a few steps to set up login approvals: Enter your mobile phone number, Enter your code.
- When you’re done, tap Confirm and Finally tap Close.
Note that If you want to turn two-factor authentication ON for the first time from a mobile device, you’ll be asked to turn on text message (SMS) codes for authentication.
If you don’t want to use this authentication method, or you want to manage your different authentication methods, you’ll need to go to your Security and Login Settings from a computer.
Authentication Methods you Can Use on you Facebook Account
- Text message (SMS) codes from your mobile phone
- Security codes from Code Generator
- Tapping your security key on a compatible device
- Security codes from a third party app
- Approving your login attempt from a device Facebook recognized
- Using one of your printed recovery codes
Note Also that You can use as many authentication methods as you’d like from the list above, but you must have at least text message (SMS) codes turned on, or at least both a security key and Code Generator turned on.
Hope it was Helpful?
Please feel free to Share this page link on your social media accounts so that others can also know about it, and also use the COMMENT BOX below for any question or Recommendation on How to Keep Facebook Account Safe with Two-Factor Authentication and We will be in touch with you shortly. Thanks