2015/2016 NDA Postgraduate Admission – This is to inform the general public that the Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into full time postgraduate programmes in the Postgraduate School, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna for the 2015/2016 Academic Session is now out.
Note that the sale of Online Application Forms shall be open from 21st September 2015 to 8th November 2015.
Available Programmes: on NDA Postgraduate Admission
The following full-time postgraduate programmes are available in the faculties and departments listed below:
a.) Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Department of Accounting
- MSc in Accounting
Department of Economics
- MSc in Economics
- PhD in Economics
Department of Geography
- MSc Geography in Environmental Management
- MSc Geography in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System (SIB)
Departments of History and International Studies
- MA in Military History
- MA in International Studies
- PhD in Military History
- PhD in International Studies
Department of Political Science and Defence Studies
- MSc in Defence and Strategic Studies
- PhD in Defence and Strategic Studies
b.) Faculty of Science
Department of Biological Sciences
- MSc in Parasitology
- MSc in Medicinal and Poisonous Plant Studies
- MSc in Biotechnology
Department of Chemistry
- MSc in Analytical Chemistry
- MSc in Organic Chemistry
- MSc in Material Science and Explosives
Department of Mathematics
- MSc in Applied Mathematics
Department of Physics
- MSc in Solid State Physics
c.) Faculty of Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- M.Eng in Production Engineering
- M.Eng in Thermofluid & Energy Engineering
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Following full -time PGD progamrnes are available in the Faculty of Engineering and departments listed below:
Department of Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
- PGD in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (PGDEE)
Department of Civil Engineering
- PGD in Civil Engineering (PGDCE)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- PGD in Mechanical Engineering (PGDME)
The requirements for the various programmes are as follows:
Master’s (MA. M.Eng and MSc) Degrees
- A candidate seeking admission into the Master’s Degree programme shall be a graduate of the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognized university. Such candidate must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) in the relevant field of study.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree
- Candidates for PhD Degree must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) at Bachelor Degree and a Master’s Degree in the proposed field of study from a recognized university. In addition, the candidate must have scored an average of not less than 60% or 3.50 at the Masters level.
Duration of Programme
- Each student admitted for Master’s or PhD Degree must pursue a FULL-TIME course of study and research in the Academy. Depending on the degree in view, the following conditions are also applicable:
A student for the Master’s degree shall pursue the programme for 2 years (4 Semesters)
Candidates for PhD degree shall pursue the programme for 3 years (6 Semesters). At the expiration of the period of study for any given programme, a student who has not completed his/her programme shall be withdrawn from the Academy. However, in exceptional circumstances, application for extension to complete the programme may be entertained. Extension shall not exceed a period of one year (2 Semesters) in case of Master’s degree and 2 years (4 semesters) in case of Ph.D.
A student of Postgraduate Diploma shall pursue a full-time programme for 2 years (4 semesters) and maximum period of 3 years (6 semesters)
Method of Application
- Candidates are required to purchase Access or PIN Codes available at all Zenith bank Branches and Cash Offices nationwide at the cost of N7,500.00 only, excluding bank charges of N500.00, for online application.
Submission of Application
- Upon purchase of Access or PIN Codes, prospective candidates should Click Here and complete the Online Application Form.
- Kindly note that your application is not complete until all copies of your Credentials, Acknowledgement Form, Referee Form, Application for Transcripts Form and Medical Report Form, have been submitted along with your application. Candidates can either upload the aforementioned items, when they sign in, or mail them to:
- The Secretary,
- Postgraduate School,
- Nigerian Defence Academy
- P.M.B 2109,
- Kaduna State.
Application Closing Date
- 8th November, 2015.
NOTE: Do yourself good by checking back here. And also you can use the COMMENT BOX bellow for any question or Recommendation about 2015/2016 NDA Postgraduate Admission.