You can prove your identity even on the go when you download the NIMC mobile app. An application introduced to help Nigerians identify themselves anywhere within the Federal Republic of Nigeria. In this article, you will learn more about the app and how you can download it with ease.
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007, the NIMC has the mandate to establish, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria, register persons covered by the Act, assign a Unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue General Multi-Purpose Cards (GMPC) to those who are citizens of Nigeria as well as others legally residing within the country.
The app is very much easy to navigate, and there are lots of features that will interest its users. According to NIMC, you are permitted by the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) to link up to seven (7) devices with Nigerian registered mobile numbers to your NIN (Mobile phones for now) on the app.
For you to be able to use the app, it is a must that you have your National Identification Number (NIN). Without that, you won’t be able to make use of the mobile app.
Features Of NIMC App
The app has the following features.
- It allows you to prove your identity with your smartphone on the go
- Used to verify and authenticate citizens and legal residents who already have NIN
- Allows for its use across various other government services including FIRS, FRSC, NHIS, NPF, NYSC, etc
Requirements To Download NIMC App
- Good Internet connection
- Your National Identification Number (NIN).
- Your phone number (which you used during enrolment for the NIN) to receive an OTP for installing the Mobile ID app.
NIMC Mobile App Download
To download the app to start using immediately, you have to adhere to the basic instructions given below.
- Go to your mobile store (Google Play Store or App Store)
- In the search bar, type and search for “NIMC MWS Mobile ID”
- Select the official app and on the next page, tap on Install or download
- The application will be downloaded successfully.
You can as well, tap on the link below to go directly to the app download page on the NIMC platform.
How To Set Up NIMC App For Use
After you have downloaded the app successfully, follow the steps below to set it up for use.
- Open the app and at the bottom left, click on “skip” then begin
- Enter your 11- digit NIN number and tap Next, then tap on I Agree
- The mobile number you used to register for your NIN will pop up together with two questions
⇒ I am still using this Mobile Number
⇒ I no longer use this Mobile number
- Select the correct one and tap next
- If you are still using the same mobile number, then enter the User ID and OTP sent to you and tap on “Proceed”. But if you are not using the mobile number again, you need to visit any NIMC office to update your mobile number to continue with the process.
Feel free to share this NIMC Mobile App Download on your social media account so that others will know about it. Also, if you have any questions on this article, feel free to relate it with DailiesRoom.com by using the comment box below.