To change YouTube Channel Name to another name you want is easy as A, B, C, D, and if you adhere to the basic instructions given in this article, then trust me when I say you’ll have a new name and profile picture in few seconds.
It is not difficult to change provided you have a Gmail account and a good internet connection.
Your channel name is what people recognize you with and what they can easily search for to get to your channel page, so making it simple and correct will make it possible to be searched for easily.
When you first create a channel on YouTube, you can choose a channel name and profile picture for YouTube that’s different from your Google Account.
Your YouTube channel name and picture will be your public identity on YouTube and all publicly attributable actions will display your YouTube channel name and profile picture. So you can see how important it is to set up your channel name and profile picture completely.
Youtube Channel Name
Your YouTube channel name and profile picture are not the same as your Google Account name and picture (you can change your channel name and profile picture on YouTube. It does not affect your Google account’s name and profile picture).
If you change your channel name and picture, it will only be visible on YouTube. You can make changes to your Google account name and picture here (with no changes made to your YouTube channel name).
Have it in mind that Changing your name will remove your verification badge if you already have one. So I suggest you leave your channel name the way it is if you are already verified on YouTube.
How To Change Youtube Channel’s Profile Picture
- Open the YouTube mobile app, tap your profile picture Profile are the top right corner of the page.
- Tap “Your Channel” and next, tap on Edit Channel.
- Then tap on the camera icon on your profile picture
- Tap on “choose from your photos” and you’ll be taken to your phone’s gallery
- Select the photo you want to use and then tap on “Save” at the top right side.
Note: Your profile picture must be in JPG, GIF, BMP, or PNG files (no animated GIFs). Minimum size: 98 X 98 px and Maximum file size: 4MB
Change YouTube Channel Name
To effect a change on your name, simply follow the steps below
- Follow step one and two above.
- On the edit channel page, you’ll see a pencil icon close to your channel name, tap on it
- Enter the new channel name you want to be known for and tap on OK
It’s as simple as that.
I hope this method to Change YouTube Channel Name and profile picture was helpful? Feel free to use the comment box below for any questions.