There is a big difference between deactivating your Facebook account and deleting your Facebook account. In this article, you will learn the steps to Facebook Account Deactivation, especially for those that want to stay inactive on Facebook for some time.
Deactivating your account does not mean you are deleting it, as a matter of fact, you can always reactivate it when you want to get back on the social platform.
Most times, people ask if they get bored with their Facebook account, should they just delete it and open a new Facebook account? Well, deleting it will solve the problem of boredom because even if you create a new account, the time will still come that you will want to delete it again as a result of that same issue.
So the best thing to do is to just deactivate your account, and when you feel good to come back to the platform, you just reactivate it.
Difference Between Deactivating & Deleting Facebook Account
If you deactivate your Facebook account, you can reactivate it whenever you want. People can’t see your timeline or search for you. Some information may remain visible to others e.g the messages you sent.
However, if you delete your Facebook account, you can’t regain access to the account. Facebook.com will delay a few days prior to the days it was requested (deleted) and if you log back into your account in the period the cancellation request is placed, the request will be canceled.
Copies of some materials like your log records may remain in the Facebook database but are disassociated from personal identifiers. Some information, such as messaging history, isn’t stored in your account. This means friends may still have access to messages you sent after your account has been deleted.
Having seen the differences given above, let me quickly take you through the steps needed to deactivate your account.
Steps To Facebook Account Deactivation
Take the steps below to deactivate your account successfully.
- Go to www.facebook.com from your browser and log in with your registered details
- On the homepage, click on the arrow at the top right side
- Select “Settings & Privacy” and then click on “Settings”
- Next, click on “your Facebook information” in the left column
- Then click on Deactivation and deletion, choose “deactivate account”
- Click Continue to Account Deactivation and follow the instructions to confirm.
FB Account Mobile Deactivation
You can also deactivate your Facebook account from your FB mobile app.
- Open the Facebook mobile app from your home screen
- Login if you are not logged and then tap on the hamburger line at the top right side of the page
- Navigate down and tap Settings & Privacy, then tap Settings.
- Tap Account Ownership and Control and then tap Deactivation and Deletion.
- Tap “Continue to Account Deactivation” and follow the instructions to confirm.
With the steps above, your account will be deactivated successfully.
Have it in mind that if you choose to keep Messenger active or are logged into Messenger when you deactivate your Facebook account, then Messenger will remain active.
How To Reactivate Your Account
It is very simple to reactivate your Facebook account, all you have to do is to login back to your Facebook account with your registered email address and password and you are very much good to go.
If you have any questions on these steps to Facebook Account Deactivation, feel free to relate it with DailiesRoom.com by using the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media account so that others can know about it.