You can’t turn off notifications entirely, but you can choose what you’re notified about and how you’re notified. We have been receiving a quest about How do I choose what I get notifications about on my Facebook Account?, How do I choose what I’m notified about in a Facebook group?, How do I turn Facebook notifications on or off for people or Pages that I follow?, How do I turn off or change FB.com notification sounds? and more. This is why I will be taking my time to show you How To Turn Off/On Facebook Notifications for Mobile and Desktop.
Asking What types of notifications does Facebook send? like I previously said that You can’t turn off notifications entirely, but you can adjust how and what you’re notified about.
Facebook Desktop and Mobile Notifications
- Red Alert Notifications: Notifications that appear above,, and. When you have a new notification, a red bubble will appear with the number of new notifications you’ve received. There are separate notifications for friend requests and messages , and the rest of your notifications will appear over the globeor bell icon. Click these icons at any time to view your notifications.
- Email Notifications: Notifications you receive via email. Learn more about email notifications.
- Push Notifications: Notifications that appear when you’re not actively using Facebook and help you re-engage with your friends. Learn more about mobile and desktop push notifications.
How To Turn Off/On Facebook Notifications for Mobile and Desktop
- Text Notifications: Notifications you receive via mobile text messaging (SMS). Learn more about text notifications.
- Pop-up Notifications: Notifications that pop up on your screen when you’re logged in to Facebook and a friend interacts with you (ex: posts on your timeline). Click the notification to see the story or click X to close the notification.
Please use the comment box below to learn more about FB.com Notifications.