It is mandatory that any vehicle using the Nigeria roads must be registered. Failure to do so, you might face the Nigeria laws concerning the roads – FRSC or any other roads traffic laws. Having given an article previously on Two Easy methods to verify FRSC plate Number, we wont fail to give you the proper steps for Nigeria New Vehicle online Registration and it’s requirements.
The online Registration of your New vehicle will save you the time you will spend on the queue.
Kind of vehicles that can be registered
New Vehicle Online Registration – Major Requirements
The following are required for the completion of the form online, so before you continue with the registration, please note them and make sure to have them by your side.
- Identification Type – any one of these: driver’s license, National ID Card, international passport, company RC Number, Tax clearance Number or Tax identification Number.
- The Identification Number of 1. Above.
- Chassis Number, Vehicle Model, vehicle type, Engine Capacity
- Email Address (optional) etc.
Nigeria New Vehicle Online Registration
If you have the requirements above in place, then you are good to go.
- Go to the official Homepage of FRSC: www.nvisng.org
- Tap on ‘fresh Vehicle Registration’ at the right corner of the page.
- Fill the form with the required information.
- Then tap on Preview
- Follow any on-screen guide to complete your registration.
After you are done with the above: then
- Print the completed form and attach all relevant vehicle documents
- Go to State Board of Internal Revenue/Motor Licensing Authority (SBIR/MLA) office and collect the allocation of plate number form, Plate number Tag, CMR and information required issued by the police.
- Pay for vehicle number plate at SBIR/MLA and collect your vehicle number plate.
- Then take your vehicle to the Vehicle inspection Office (VIO) for physical inspection, after Which you collect a Road worthiness certificate.
- After that, proceed back to FRSC for the verification of documents provided. i.e Driver’s License, Insurance Policy Number, Means of Identification, and Proof of Address.
How Much is New Vehicle Registration?
It Varies for different ranges of Vehicles – So you can find out the price for yours when it gets to the time of payment.
Roles of FRSC in New Vehicle Registration
The federal road Safety Commission plays very important roles in the registration of our Vehicles today; See some of their Roles Below:
- FRSC maintains a reliable national database of all registered vehicles
- It Set standards, design and produce number plates which are handed over to the SBIRs for distribution to the general public after payment of requisite road taxes.
- It always get things done, ever since it introduced the Verification Platform.
Please feel free to Share this page link on your social media accounts so that others can also know about it, and also use the COMMENT BOX below for any question or Recommendation on Nigeria New Vehicle Online Registration/Requirements and We will be in touch with you shortly. Thanks