Knowing the Zenith Bank Transfer Code and every other USSD banking code used by Zenith bank is very necessary especially when you need to do some banking transactions yourself without going to the banking hall or standing a long queue at the ATM stand.
This article comes handy especially now that there is limited movement due to the ongoing pandemic that came up earlier this year. As a result of that, you can carry out your banking operations from the very comfort of your home. All you need to do is to read this article to know more about the Zenith bank USSD and how to use the particular you need for a transaction.
Using Zenith bank USSD code does not require an internet network as you can even carry out the transactions from a non-browsing mobile phone. Using the transfer code, you can transfer money from your Zenith bank account to other accounts even a third party bank like Union Bank, UBA bank, FCMB, and more
You can simply transfer funds conveniently from the phone number you registered with Zenith bank. The USSD code is referred to as “EazyBanking” and just as the name implies, you can bank easily without any form of problem.
Zenith Bank USSD Banking
In general, the Zenith USSD banking code can be used for any of the following;
- Open account
- Check balance
- Buy airtime
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Update BVN
- Protect code (deactivate account)
- Other self-services
The USSD banking code is *966# and when you dial it from your mobile phone, it brings up the above-mentioned features and you follow prompts to get started with any transaction.
It is a convenient, fast, secure, and affordable way to access your bank account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through your mobile phone without internet data.
Before you can use the code for any transaction, you will first of all need to register, and I have outlined the basic steps to take to register on the *966#(EazyBanking) below. Read on
Zenith Bank USSD (*966#) Mobile Registration
Follow the steps below to register for *966# for easy mobile banking
- Dial *966*00# with the phone number (Alertz number) used to open your bank account.
- Then you will be prompted to enter the last 4 digits of your Debit (ATM) card number.
- On the next page, you will see your account name and will be prompted to create a 4 digit PIN.
- Create and confirm the 4 digit PIN.
- You will get a message “Retrieving your balance” if you have successfully registered.
- An SMS with the balances on all your accounts will then be sent to you.
Have it in mind that after you have successfully registered using the steps above, you can transfer up to a hundred thousand naira (N100,000.00) a day. For those that will like to recharge from their account, you can top-up N3,000.00 daily. Now let us look at the basic steps to transfer money using the USSD Code.
How To Send Money Using Zenith Bank Transfer Code
- From your Alertz number registered with your bank account, dial *966*amount*account number#
- Next, select the beneficiary bank by entering the beneficiary’s bank account number
- After selection, you will see a confirmation page that will be displayed showing the beneficiary name, bank, and the amount.
- Then enter your 4 digit USSD PIN and the money will be sent successfully.
To confirm the success of the transfer, a page will be displayed “You have successfully transferred “amount” to “beneficiary account number”. Then you will see your new balance.
However, if you have any issue during your registration or transfer using the Zenith Bank USSD Banking | Zenith Bank Transfer Code, you can write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call 234-1-2787000, 0700ZENITHBANK.
Also, feel free to use the comment box for any questions relating to this article.