This is an opportunity for those that want to do their Masters and PhD overseas as the 2020/2021 PTDF overseas postgraduate scholarship is available for Application which is in partnership with France, Malaysia, China, and Germany. So if you’ve been having that dreams to study in the listed countries, then read on to know how to go about this scholarship scheme.
The scholarship is a very competitive one and only applicants that are outstanding that will be selected, so if you want to be among those to be selected in the scholarship scheme, you have to do your best to make your application right by adhering to the basics of this article.
In applying for the petroleum technology development fund (PTDF) scholarship, you should know that the application process is completely free, so don’t let anyone scam you to collect your money, as a matter of fact, you can apply for the scholarship award your self provided the requirements are in place.
Studying outside your country can be one of the most beautiful things anyone can ever imagine as you will be able to mingle with other people, learn new languages and much more. And here is a Scholarship scheme ready to make that dream come through if you meet up the requirements and apply successfully.
You can study in France, Germany, China or Malaysia depending on where you applied for according to your degree pursuit (Masters or PhD).
PTDF Scholarship Selection Process, Criteria And Requirements
A selected committee will be selected to assess applications using the following criteria.
- Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees, full academics transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired and relevant qualifications to be referenced by applicants.
- Membership of professional bodies.
- The viability of the study/research plan (PhD applicants only)
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil and gas industry and its expected impact on national development (Msc applicants only)
Requirements For MSc
- A minimum of second class upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a second class lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience.
- Must have completed the mandatory national youth service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- Must be in possession of five (5) O’level credit including the English language.
Requirements For PhD
- Must have completed the National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Must be computer literate.
- A minimum of second class lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate.
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than five pages) to include a topic, introduction, objective, methodology, and mode of data collection (sample template of the proposal is available on the scholarship portal: scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng).
- Applicants must also include their Master’s degree projects.
- Admission letter.
In addition to the requirements for MSc and PhD above, the following documents are needed and applicants are to scan copies of the documents and attach to their online application forms.
- First-degree certificate or statement of result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO result as well as the PIN number on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’Level results on the relevant website
- Recent passport photograph
- Local government identification letter
- Master’s degree certificate (for PhD applicants)
- Evidence of membership of professional associations.
2020/2021 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Application
If you meet the requirements listed above, then you have to visit the official website of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) to apply online.
To apply for the scholarship, simply follow the steps below.
- Go to www.scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng and click on “Create Applicant Account”.
- Enter your first name, middle name, last name in the space provided for it.
- Then enter your valid email address and current phone. Note: the email address and phone number are very important.
- Click on Create Application Account and an email containing your login details will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Check your email and follow the instructions given to reset your password and log in to start your application
- Logging in will demand your username (email address) and password. On the login portal, enter your email address and password in the respective field and click on Sign in.
- Once you are signed in to the application dashboard, click on New Application from your dashboard and you will be required to accept or decline the disclaimer and also read and accept the terms and conditions to continue with the application.
- Next, fill all the fields with the required information and make sure to put your NIN number and have it verified on www.verifyme.ng platform. Fill in the course information on the next page.
- Then for the additional upload which is the next page, you will need to upload your birth certificate, LGA certificate. Note: PDF sizes should be less than 300KB. Check out this Online File Converter to reduce the file size
- You will also be required to upload journal/publication (maximum of 5), academic membership of any professional body (maximum of 5), then click on preview/confirm to preview your application and ensure that there are no mistakes before submission, once the application is submitted, you can no longer edit.
- Once submitted, just print the slip by clicking on the print button located at the top right corner (if you do not have a printer, you can save as PDF and print later.
Note The Following:
- Applicants must have a national identity number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are also expected to upload a NIN verification report before completing the application. The report can be obtained from www.verifyme.ng (charges may apply)
- Ongoing PhD applicants could only apply provided their universities are among the PTDF Partnership as listed above
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same category of the degree except a higher degree.
- Applicants in possession of a higher degree cannot apply for the same type of degree
- Applicants interested in a German institution should choose Abuja as their preferred location for an interview
- If you are benefiting from other Scholarship, then you don’t need to apply.
- Applicants who successfully pass the first round of screening will be required to submit their transcripts, so you are advised to prepare your transcripts in anticipation of such request.
Application Closing Date
The application for this scholarship scheme closes six (6) weeks from the date of this publication. You should apply on time if you are interested and meet the requirements needed by PTDF.
Share this 2020/2021 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Application article on your social media accounts so that others can know about it. Also, feel free to ask any question visit the comment box concerning the PTDF scholarship and we will be here to answer you.