edX Summer Engineering Internship application is open to all interested applicants who want to apply and in this article, I will take you through the basic steps you need to get started. Being part of the program will make it possible for you to work with an amazing group of innovators, simply adhere to the instructions are given in this article to apply.
edX is currently hiring for candidates who have gone through a Bootcamp for coding and/or are in search of a career change not related to their college education. This is a 12-week summer program that starts in June and ends in August.
Note: The potential for full-time offers will be discussed around week 8. Full-time offers are not guaranteed and are based on performance and the organization’s budget.
It is an amazing opportunity to participate in an internship with a transformative, educational, e-commerce, start-up whose mission is to reinvent the way people learn. As an intern for edX, you will work with an amazing group of innovators who are focused on the mission of offering interactive online courses and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) from the world’s best universities and corporations.
edX Summer Engineering Internship
Applying for the internship program is easy and it can be done online for free. Just read on to know how you can go about it.
Interns will join edX as a member of a “squad” dedicated to one of edX’s key business initiatives, whether its product or platform-based.
These squads complete work that’s crucial to edX’s product roadmap and success! There will be opportunities to collaborate with folks within your own team, with other interns, and with key stakeholders across the organization.
The platform is hiring for two different teams ad described below;
- Architecture would be a good fit for you if you enjoy doing backend work. and Experience in IT help desk work is nice to have but not a requirement! This team will be writing pipelines that containerize and operationalize, work on running an at-scale infrastructure service have had an understanding of how to deploy modern applications.
- Data Engineering will work on building tooling to help DE or DS&A be more effective this summer and should have an interest in learning more about data and/or analytics. Python and SQL experience, front-end experience understanding data/visualization is a good framework for working with this team.
To be eligible, see below.
- Experience pursuing a Bootcamp, technical training program, online certification, or self-instructed learning in Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- A Knowledge of software development – you’ve worked on some cool projects
- You are organized, reliable, collaborative, intellectually curious, and deadline-oriented
You will do the the following as an intern;
- Work up to 40-hours a week gaining real, full lifecycle software development skills on one of our engineering teams.
- Projects will be based on the work that the engineering teams are currently working on.
- Develop code, test your code, build software features, participate in software design, work on live tickets, and more!
- Work closely with a mentor who will offer guidance and support for anything — this could be for help with coding projects or small tips like how to add an emoji in Slack
How To Apply
edx provide new new employees with the following;
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
Also, they will support you in your personal journey. Applying is easy, just follow the steps below.
- Go to the internship application portal
- Read about the internship program
- Navigate down and fill in the required fields (make sure to fill the spaces with Asterisks)
- Finally, click on “Submit Application”
The application deadline is not specified. However, apply while the offer is still on.
Meanwhile, share this edX Summer Engineering Internship article on your social media account so that others can know about it.