The world bank internship program (Summer) is on and the application is open to anyone who wants to apply as the basic guidelines have been given in this article. The Bank Internship Program offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank.
The internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and research experience into the Bank’s work while improving skills in a diverse environment.
It is a great way to enhance CVs with practical work experience. Internships are available in both development operations and other business units (such as Human Resources, Communications, Accounting, etc.) however, availability during a given internship term is based on business need.
It is free to apply for the internship program, you just have to make sure you meet up the eligibility standards. Once that is done, you are very much good to go
Table of Contents
You need to meet the following criteria given below to apply for the internship program.
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree
- Candidates must be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or Ph.D. with plans to return to school full-time).
- There is no age limit.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable.
- Other skills such as computing skills are advantageous.
World Bank value diversity in its workplace and encourage all qualified individuals, particularly women, with diverse professional and academic backgrounds to apply. Its aim is to attract and recruit the best talent in the world.
If you meet the requirements given above, then you’ve passed the first test and you can follow the application guidelines given below to submit your application quickly
World Bank Internship Benefits
The World Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager. These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city.
Interns are responsible for their own accommodations. Driven by business needs, most Intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few others in the World Bank country offices. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
2021 World Bank Internship Program (Summer)
The WB Internship Program typically seeks candidates for Operations (Front Line) in the following fields:
- Human development (public health, education, nutrition, population)
- Social sciences (anthropology, sociology)
- Urban planning
- Natural resources management
- Private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications)
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology
- Treasury, and other corporate services
How To Apply
To apply for the internship program, you have to visit www.login.worldbankgroup.org (it is a member page where you have to create an account to log in).
After successful account creation, follow onscreen instructions with the necessary information to apply for the internship program for free
The Summer Internship application period is December 1–January 31 each year
Feel free to share this 2021 World Bank Internship Program on your social media account so that others can know about it. If you have any questions, simply use the comment box below to ask