Situations may come up for you as a Facebook user whereby you would have to block your Facebook friend or user due to some reasons best known to you and if you are or have been in such a situation but do not know how to go about it, then you do not have to worry. This article will lecture you on the steps to block Facebook user with ease.
Facebook has been known as one of the platforms that aid easy interaction and exchange of ideas with different people around the world. This platform is supposed to be fun but some of its users can take social media too seriously by intruding and leaving sarcastic content and rude remarks on your public posts or private message section.
Sometimes, situations may arise that require more than just unfriending a Facebook friend but to block them, and in that way, you will be free from such persons with their sarcastic content and rude remarks.
When you block a Facebook friend, they will be prevented from the following;
- Seeing things you post on your timeline
- Tagging you in posts, comments, or groups
- Adding you as a friend
- Starting a conversation with you through messages
- Viewing your Facebook statuses
- Inviting you to join groups
- Inviting you to like their pages e.t.c.
When you block someone on Facebook, you should also bear in mind that as you block them, Facebook will also unfriend them as your Facebook friend automatically, and blocking them may not prevent interactions or communications in apps or groups but will only affect your interactions with that person on Facebook.
In a situation whereby you do not want to block Facebook friends but see less of their activities on Facebook like their public posts, you can just take a break from them. You can read this Facebook Deactivate account guideline
You should also note that once you block someone on Facebook, they will not be notified, you can also block Facebook friends on the Facebook messenger app so that they won’t be able to message you and they won’t also be notified that you did so.
But, unless you block someone through their Facebook profile, they will still be able to tag you, post on your timeline, comment on your public posts, view your Facebook status, mention you in comments, invite you to groups, invite you to like their pages, etc.
How To Block Facebook User/Friend
If you have decided that you want to block a Facebook friend even when you know what happens when you do that and after doing that as mentioned above, then you can follow the steps below to do that successfully:
- Login to Facebook through your Facebook app from your app drawer
- Tap on the Hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) at the top right side of the Facebook app
- Then tap on Settings & Privacy, and tap on Settings
- Next, scroll down and tap on Blocking
- Tap on Add to Blocked list and enter the person’s name and finally tap on Block to confirm your decision.
- Login to Facebook through www.facebook.com from your computer browser
- Click on the ”arrow facing down” at the top right of the Facebook homepage and select Settings & Privacy, then click on Settings
- Click on Blocking on the left side menu
- In the Block Users section, enter the person’s name and click on Block to confirm your decision.
It’s as simple as that.
If you find the steps mentioned above in blocking a Facebook friend difficult, then you can do that more easily through their Facebook profile using the steps below.
How To Block FB User via Their FB Profile
- Log in to Facebook, using the Facebook mobile app
- Go to the profile page of the person you want to block and tap or click on ”More” (the three dots) on the right side
- Then tap or click on Block, and in the confirmation pop-up, tap or click on Block again to confirm your decision.
Once you have followed these steps correctly, the Facebook friend or user will be blocked successfully.
Meanwhile, If you found this article helpful and have any questions or comments, please do kindly drop it in the comment section below. Also, share this Facebook Blocking: How To Block Facebook User on your social media account so that others can learn from it.