Facebook Dating Safety tips are very necessary to go through so as to know the basics about dating on the social network and how you should be careful with certain information you share. Here are the perfect guidelines you need to go through to get started.
Dating On Facebook is a feature introduced by the social community so that people who are looking for that special one just like you would look for on Zoosk, POF, and the likes of them can easily find them from the things they love.
Though you are always the best judge of your own safety, and these guidelines are not intended to be a substitute for your own judgment, but there are some things given here that can be of great help when it comes to your safety.
Some of the things that are listed here are what you can do to help keep yourself and the Facebook community safe when using the Facebook Dating feature.
RECOMMENDED: Facebook Avatar – Facebook Avatar Maker Free | Make Your Facebook Avatar
It is always okay to act with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you. Remember that your Dating profile is visible to anyone on Dating and as a result of that, you have to be extra careful when you are chatting with a stranger for the first time.
Facebook Dating Safety Tips
When you are meeting online, you should watch out for the following;
- Carefully Share your last name, financial information, email, home address, phone number, place of work, or any other identifying information in your Facebook Dating profile or chat messages with someone. Inasmuch as Dating on Facebook is concern, the platform form advises you to report anyone asking for such information.
- Beware of scammers because they can do anything to scam you. Some of them may use fake or compromised accounts to trick you into giving them money or personal information.
- Don’t send money especially when that request is initiated anytime you are having a chat with a person.
- Know someone very well and their intentions in their Facebook Dating profile, including their gender or sexual orientation.
Then when you are meeting any friend you saw online in person, be sure of the following
- Tell someone about your plans
- Meet and stay in public
- Make sure your mobile phone is charged
- Monitor any alcohol consumption
- Be prepared with your transportation
With the Facebook Dating Safety tips given above, I’m sure you will know what it takes to be guided whenever you meet anyone online or in person.
In addition to the above-listed guidelines, you can as well block anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable (Blocking someone in Dating doesn’t block them on Facebook or Messenger) or report anyone you think is suspicious.
How To Block Someone On Facebook Dating
Use the steps below to block anyone who is making you feel uncomfortable on FB.com Dating.
- Open your Facebook App and log in with your registered email address and password
- Tap on the hamburger line and scroll down to Tap “Dating“.
- Next, tap Matches, and tap the Dating profile picture of the person you want to block.
- Tap the three dots in the top right and tap Block [person] in Dating and follow onscreen instructions to complete the process.
SEE ALSO: How To Make Video Call on FB.com – Facebook Video Chat
How To Report A Message On Facebook
To report a message on Facebook, see the steps below:
- Open your Facebook account and login with your details (registered email address and password)
- Then open the message you will like to report
- If you opened the message as a pop-up window, click on the Settings icon (gear).
- Next, click Something’s Wrong.
- To give feedback, click the option that best describes how this message goes against Facebook Community Standards.
- Depending on your feedback, you may then be able to submit a report to Facebook.
If you have any questions on this, feel free to use the comment box below. Also, share this piece of article with your friends on your social media account so that they can also know about it.