Do you have great ideas about how to promote democracy in your community? Are you ready to build your leadership skills? Would you like to meet other youth leaders from around the world? Then here is the Hurford Youth Fellowship program you can apply for as the portal is now open to interested applicants.
The fellowship program seeks to build leadership skills and harness the potential of young democracy activists from around the world. Through the Program, young activists spend three months at the World Movement’s Secretariat, during which they expand their global connections, share experiences with other activists from democracy movements around the world, and contribute to the development of the World Movement for Democracy.
The Hurford Youth Fellowship program engages in strategic meetings; conducts research; and organizes and leads presentations, online discussions, and information-sharing sessions on key democracy issues.
Application is free and online, all you have to do is to adhere to the instructions given here and you are very much good to go.
Hurford Youth Fellowship Program
Below is the benefits, eligibility standards, and how you can apply with ease.
Benefits Of The Fellowship Program
- Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C. Stipends take into account the cost of living in Washington, D.C.
- Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, including internet and email access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long-distance phone calls.
- The world movement secretariat staff plays a vital role in helping fellows realize their fellowship objectives by collaborating with them on their fellowship projects and engaging them in ongoing discussions about their work
- NED houses a democracy resource center (DRC), which includes a library with some 20,000 works, including books, journals, grantee reports, and other publications on democracy. The DRC’s expert staff members assist fellows with their research interests. Fellows may enjoy access to other local libraries as needed.
Fellowship Program Eligibility
- Open to applicants from any country.
- Applicants interested in the Hurford Youth Fellowship program must be no older than 30 years of age.
- They must demonstrate a strong interest in democratic activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities as well as worldwide.
- Youth affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply.
- Working knowledge of English is an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
How To Apply
Applicants are asked to submit the following:
- Application form
- Two letters of recommendation
Once you have the above ready, then follow the steps below to apply for free.
- Click Here To Apply
- On the next page, click on “Create A New Account”
- Next, enter your email address in the box provided and click on “Submit”
- You will be sent an email containing a link you need to complete your registration and start your application
The application closing date is on the 3rd Of July, 2021.
If you have any questions about this Hurford Youth Fellowship Program Application, feel free to relate it with DailiesRoom.com by using the comment box below.