This is an opportunity for highly motivated individuals who want to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank Group in international development and in this article, you will see the requirements and the basic steps to take in applying for the 2020 World Bank Summer Internship Program.
Applications are invited for the internship program provided you can meet the requirements stated in this article and it’s our duty to let you know that the application process is completely free. The internship program is one that allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and the latest research into the World Bank’s work and improve their skills while working in a diverse environment.
With this Internship program, individuals can learn while gaining practical experience and in this way enhance their CVs with practical work experience. So this is an opportunity you should not miss for anything.
Why You Should Apply
There are benefits you can get when you apply for the Internship program and some of them have been listed below.
- Hourly payment is available to all interns where applicable.
- An allowance towards travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager (this expenses can only include transport expenses to or from the duty station.
- Most positions are based in Washington DC, so you can enjoy that benefit of staying there for a minimum of four weeks.
To be eligible for the internship program, a candidate must meet the criteria below.
- Must have an undergraduate degree.
- Be enrolled in a full-time study program (pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time)
- No age limit.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have knowledge of the following languages: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable.
- Computing Skills are advantageous.
Internship Additional information
The World Bank Internship program basically seek candidates for Operation line in the following fields.
- Human development (public health, education, nutrition, population)
- Social sciences (anthropology, sociology)
- Urban planning
- Natural resources management
- Private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
How To Apply For 2020 World Bank Summer Internship Program
To apply for the internship program, you will be asked to upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV), Statement of Interest, Proof of enrollment in a graduate degree. So take time to prepare your application and make sure to enter your information correctly. to apply, follow the steps below.
- Click HERE and you will be taken to the World Bank Internship application page.
- Then click on “Create a profile” at the top right side of the page.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address, phone number and password.
- Then click on Create Profile. When the profile is created successfully, you can sign in to start your application.
- On the page, click on “APPLY NOW” and enter your first name, last name, and your valid email address under ‘Contact Information’ and click Next
- Click on Upload Resume/CV. After that, enter your Contact details (Address, City, State, Country, Zip Code, and Phone Number)
- Add your Experience, Education, Skills/Certification/Language and enter your gender, Date of birth, primary nationality.
- Upload your cover letter, undergraduate degree credential, proof of enrollment in masters or a PhD, Check (√) “I agree” box and click on Next to complete your application process.
NOTE: All applications must be submitted online and during the application period. World Bank does not accept applications by email.
Application Closing Date
The internship program application closes on the 31st Of January 2020.
Share this 2020 World Bank Summer Internship Program on your social media account so that others who may be interested can apply. Also, feel free to use the comment box below for any question regarding the internship program and we will respond to you.