How To Create Apple ID With Gmail – Apple ID is a crucial component of the Apple ecosystem, enabling users to access various Apple services and devices seamlessly. Traditionally, Apple ID was associated with an iCloud or me.com email address.
However, Apple now allows users to create an Apple ID with their existing email accounts, including Gmail. In this article, we will guide you through the process of creating an Apple ID using your Gmail account.
Before we proceed, ensure that you have a Gmail account set up and ready to use. If you don’t have one, you can create a new Gmail account by visiting the Gmail website and following the sign-up process.
Creating an Apple ID with your Gmail account is simple as A, B, C, and D and grants you access to a range of features and benefits within the Apple ecosystem.
Features Of Apple ID
Here are some key features you can enjoy with your Apple ID
- App Store
- Apple Music
- FaceTime and iMessage
- Apple Pay
- Find My
- Apple TV+
- Apple Arcade
- Developer Tools
How To Create Apple ID With Gmail
Once you have your Gmail account ready, follow the steps below to create an Apple ID:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to
- Click on the “Account” link at the top.
- On the Account page, click on the “Create Your Apple ID” button.
- Fill in the required information, including your first and last name, email address, password, and security questions. Enter your Gmail email address in the email field.
- After entering all the necessary information, click on the “Continue” button.
- Apple will now send a verification code to the email address you provided. Open a new tab or window in your web browser and log in to your Gmail account.
- Locate the email from Apple with the subject line “Verify your Apple ID email address.” Open the email and note down the verification code.
- Return to the Apple ID account creation page and enter the verification code you received from Apple. Click on the “Verify” button.
- You will now be asked to provide additional information such as your date of birth and a rescue email address. The rescue email address is an alternative email where Apple can contact you if there are issues with your Apple ID. You can enter your Gmail email address as the rescue email if you prefer.
- Once you have entered the additional information, click on the “Continue” button.
Finally, you will see a confirmation screen indicating that your Apple ID has been created successfully. You can now use your Gmail email address and password to sign in to your Apple ID on any Apple device or service.
Apple ID Sign In With Gmail
Signing in is easy if you’ve created your account. All you have to do is to follow the steps below;
- On your Apple device, such as an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, go to the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and tap on “Sign in to your [Device Name].” If you’re already signed in to another Apple ID, tap on your Apple ID name at the top of the Settings menu, then select “Sign Out.”
- On the next screen, tap on “Forgot Apple ID or Password?” if you can’t remember your Apple ID or password. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Enter your Apple ID email address in the provided field. If you have multiple email addresses associated with your Apple ID, try entering each one until you find the correct one.
- Tap “Next” or press the “Return” key on your keyboard.
- Enter your Apple ID password in the password field. If you can’t remember your password, tap on “Forgot Apple ID or Password?” and follow the on-screen instructions to reset it.
- Tap “Sign In” or press the “Return” key on your keyboard.
- If two-factor authentication is enabled for your Apple ID, you will be prompted to enter a verification code that is sent to one of your trusted devices. Retrieve the code and enter it when prompted.
- Once you’ve entered the correct verification code, your Apple ID will be signed in, and you will have access to your associated services and features.
Creating an Apple ID with your Gmail account opens up a world of possibilities, allowing you to access various Apple services, including the App Store, iCloud, Apple Music, and more.
With this simple guide on how to create Apple ID with Gmail, you can now enjoy the benefits of the Apple ecosystem using your existing Gmail email address.