A lot of us have been asking for the simplest method to delete TikTok account for the reason best known. Well, in this article, you’ll be learning the basic steps on how to go about it. Making short and interesting videos on TikTok can be fun, but when you no longer want to use the platform, then you can remove your account without issues.
Deleting your TikTok account is simple as A, B, C, D, and when you adhere to the basic instructions given in this article, then trust me when I say you will be good to go.
But before you go ahead with the deletion, you have to know that you’ll lose a lot of things when you delete your account, your comments, post, likes, and more.
Also, your friends won’t be able to find you on the platform anymore after your account is permanently deleted from the TikTok database.
Table of Contents
What Will Happen When I Delete My Account?
Some of us ask these questions, and to answer that, check out the things that will happen when you delete your account;
- You will no longer be able to login to that account
- You will lose access to any videos you have posted
- You will not be bale to get a refund on any items you have purchased
- Information that is not stored in your account such as chat messages, may still be visible to others
- Your account will be deactivated for 30 days. During deactivation period, your account won’t be visible to public. After 30 days, your account will be deleted permanently
Requirements For TikTok Account Deletion
To be able to successfully delete your account, you’ll need access to the account you want to delete. So you should be able to log in to it.
You’ll need your android or computer device and as well, a very good internet network.
Now, it is good you know that a lot of people have so many reasons they’ll want to remove their TikTok account. To some, it can be because of the data the platform consumes, while to some, it might be that they have more than one account and will like to let go of some and more.
But whichever reason it may be, when you adhere to the steps given here, then you are very much good to go.
TikTok Deletion Page
You will be able to access the page from your TikTok Mobile App or from your computer browser when you sign in to your TikTok account.
How To Delete TikTok Account
Follow the steps below depending on your device and your account deletion will be successful.
For Android Mobile Users
- Open your TikTok app from your mboile app drawer and sign in if you are not signed in. But the way the TikTok app is, when you already created an account, then you are signed in permanently
- Then tap on “Profile” with a human icon at the bottom right side of the page
- Next, tap on the hamburger line (three lines) at the top right side of the page
- Select Manage Account and on the next page, tap on “Delete Account”
- Read the write up to know what you’ll lose when you delet your account and if you are okay with it, then tap on Continue
- You’ll be sent a 60digit code to confirm your choice. Enter the code in the space provided and tap on “Delete Account
That’s All. Your account will be deleted after 30days.
For Computer Users
- Go to www.tiktok.com from your browser
- Tap on login at the top right side of the page
- Select use phone /email / username or continue with any of the social media platform given as an option to login
- On your account page, tap on your profile picture at the top right and select “Settings” from the drop down menu
- Next, select the Delete link and read the write up to know what you’ll lose when you delet your account and if you are okay with it, then tap on Continue
- Enter your TikTok account password and click on “Delete Account”
When you successfully follow the steps given above, then your account will be deleted permanently after 30 days.
Hope this method to delete TikTok Account was helpful? Feel free to interact with us by using the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media account so that others can know about it.