It’s always funny, each time I turn on my mobile data connection and I get lots of Facebook messages popping in as if I won a Visa Lottery. But this was happening as a result of my Facebook Messenger App not logged out, on a second thought…Facebook designed it’s messenger in a way that if you login, you can’t logout of it. In my quest to know how to go about this, I stumbled on some tricks that can log one out of the mighty social media messenger.
Knowing well that you have your device settings and also the Facebook app on your android device, we will be looking at two simple methods we can use to logout of Facebook messenger.
- To logout of Facebook own App on your device.
- To clear messenger App Data from your android device settings.
With this methods above, you will see that you have won the messenger that led you into the platform and will not give you a way out.
Now see the steps below for each method.
How to Log Out of Facebook Messenger App on Android Device
1) To logout of Facebook own App on your device.
Every Android device has a Facebook App, so to be able to logout from Facebook messenger, follow the steps below:
- Launch Facebook app from the Homescreen
- Tap the More button on the top right (the 3 lines)
- Then go to ‘Account settings’.
- Navigate to Security and login.
- Now You’ll see a section titled ‘Where you’re logged in’
- Select the Messenger session and tap Log Out.
You will get a notification immediately that you are logged out.
2) To clear messenger app data from your android device settings
For this method to work effectively, first you have to close the messenger app and remove it from your recent app list, after that then follow the steps below:
- Go to settings on your Android device Home screen.
- Navigate down to Apps or Application Manager.
- Then locate the Messenger App and Tap on it.
- Select ‘clear Data’
Now you are logged out of messenger app, to check if you are really logged out. Then you can go and open your messenger App from your Home screen, and you will notice that you wouldn’t be automatically login as before.
Hope this was helpful?
Please feel free to Share this page link on your social media accounts so that others can also know about it, and also use the COMMENT BOX below for any question or Recommendation on How to Log Out of Facebook Messenger App on Android Device and We will be in touch with you shortly. Thanks