Knowing the various types of UK Visa that you can apply for is very important especially when your want to travel to the country for a specific reason best known to you. UK Visa types and Application forms online can be easily accessed when you truly know what you want.
A UK visa is the authorizing document that gives every citizen of any part of the world the right to enter, stay temporarily, or live forever in the territory of the UK depending on the person’s reason.
A visa is usually either a stamp you receive in your passport or a document given by a UK consulate or embassy in your country of residence.
If you are issued a visa, it means that you are eligible to enter the UK and that you meet the requirements of the particular visa that you have been given. People apply for UK Visa depending on their various reasons, and some of these reasons have been outlined below.
- To work and to do business
- To study
- For short stays and tourism
- To join family members who are already in the UK
- To transit through the UK to another country
- To live permanently
- As a refugee or as someone who needs humanitarian protection
- As a stateless person
- As someone who needs permission to stay
UK Visa Types
Below are the types of UK Visa one can apply for.
- Work Visas.
- Business Visas.
- Study Visas.
- Visitor Visas.
- Family Visas.
- Settlement Visas.
- Transit Visas
After going through the types of Visa as outlined above, it is very important you know that foreigners might be subject to Immigration Control (examination) anytime crossing the UK border. There can also be cases when the visa might be canceled at the borders.
Any form of overstaying, or violating visa conditions, while being in the UK or out, is considered an act of offense.
Visas offer the needed answers on:
- Who to admit to enter into the UK and why,
- Who to allow living temporarily or permanently in the UK and why,
- Who meets the criteria and who to stop from entering into the UK,
- Who needs to exit the UK, when the visa expires or for other reasons
Visas sometimes can forbid the holder from doing several activities such as:
- Getting a job of other professional activity in the UK,
- Using public funds;
- Staying in the UK without registering with the police (without getting police registration certificate);
- Study in the UK;
- Commanding holder to report to the specific Medical Officer of Environmental Health
Such restrictions can be made known to the holder in the following ways:
- Attached in the passport/travel document;
- In a written notification;
- In the visa;
- In the visa application form;
UK Visa Requirements
Below are the requirements you need for the UK Visa application.
- UK visa application form.
- Two photographs (These photos should be taken within the past six months and in color).
- Valid Passport.
- Proof you have the financial means to cover the living costs while in the UK.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Detailed travel itinerary.
- Tuberculosis Test Results.
- Biometric information.
- UK visa invitation letter.
- Paid UK visa fees.
- Certified translations of any document that is not in either English or Welsh.
UK Visa Application Form Online
To access and apply for the Visa of your choice, you have to follow the instructions given below;
- Chose the right UK visa type.
- Complete the online application form.
- Collect the required documents for a UK visa application.
- Schedule a UK visa appointment.
- Attend the UK visa interview.
To apply; click on the link below
UK VISA APPLICATION – Apply Now
If you have any questions concerning these UK Visa types and how you can apply, simply use the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media account so that others can know about it.