Do you want to work in the Uk? Well, it is very much possible and that is the reason why you are reading this UK Work Permit Visa Application article as I have given the basics i.e all you need to know about the work permit in the UK and how you can apply.
Any worker who is coming to the UK for working sake will need a Work permit and the steps to applying for it as easy as A, B, C, D. All you need to do is to follow the basic guidelines given here and you are very much good to go.
If you’ve been wondering what a visa is all about, then you should know that a visa is an official document that allows the bearer to legally enter a foreign country. The visa is usually stamped or glued into the bearer’s passport.
Work visas are required for individuals who wish to take on employment or engage in business activities in the host country (UK). There are several types of work visas that depend on the nature of the work and the length of stay. In the United Kingdom, you will see the different types of work visas as listed below;
UK Work Permit Visa Types
- Tier 2 General – Skilled Worker
- Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer
- Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa
In addition to the work visas listed above, there are other types of work visas in the UK and they are listed and explained below.
- UK Ancestry Visa – This type of Visa allow you to get a job in the United Kingdom and if you are a commonwealth citizen that is applying from outside the UK. However, one has to prove that atleast one of his/her grandparent was born in the United Kingdom.
- Domestic Workers In A Private Household UK Visa – Those in this category that want to visit their employer can simply apply for this kind of Visa.
- Representative Of An Overseas Business Uk Visa – If you are a sole representative of an overseas company, planning to set up a branch in the United Kingdom, then you can apply for this Visa.
- Turkish Business Person UK Visa – This is specially for Turkish nationals who want to move to the United Kingdom to start a new business or help running an existing one.
- Turkish Worker Uk Visa – This is for Turskish citiens who have worked up to a year as the spouse of a Briton or a settled individual.
UK Work Permit Visa Application Eligibility
To be eligible for the Visa application, you will be accessed in the following areas and more
- Work history
- Achievements and many more.
Make sure to select the right work permit you want to apply for as you’ve seen stated above under the typers on Work permit Visa that there are many types of it. So make your choice know during the application
However, it is advisable you speak to your employer and to one of UK Visa expert immigration lawyers to ensure that the visa category you are applying for is the one that most closely reflects your needs.
Requirements For UK Work Visa
To apply for a work visa in the UK, you must meet the requirements given below.
- If you’re a non-EU/EFTA national wanting to work in the UK, you need an appropriate work permit. Most UK work visas require sponsorships from a local employer; for you to secure a suitable job and sponsorship before applying for the UK work visa.
- UK work visas are currently unavailable to casual or low-skilled employment. As a result, it isn’t possible to enter the UK on another type of visa and take up casual or temporary work.
- Apply for a biometric residence permit if you’re staying in the UK for longer than six months.
The following groups of people are exempt from UK work visa requirements:
- Diplomats who were outside of the UK when offered the post
- Overseas government ministers on official business
- Members of Commonwealth or Overseas Territories armed forces posted to the UK
- Officials working for a head of state
How To Apply For UK Work Permit Visa
To apply for the United Kingdom work permit visa, simply adhere to the instructions below.
- Submit your visa application at the United Kingdom visa application center in your home country.
- You can also apply online through the UK Home Office Visas and Immigration Service website (www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration).
The documents you must provide depend on the type of visa you’re applying for. If you’re applying for a Tier 2 (General) visa, you must provide the following documents:
- A valid passport or travel ID
- Evidence that you can support yourself financially (e.g. bank statements, sponsor confirmation)
- Proof of English language ability
- Proof of payment of the healthcare surcharge
You must also submit a tuberculosis test if you’re coming to the UK for more than six months and are from any of the countries listed below.
Benin (get tested in Nigeria)
Burkina Faso (get tested in Ghana)
Burundi (get tested in Rwanda)
Cape Verde (get tested in Gambia or Senegal)
Central African Republic (get tested in Cameroon)
Chad (get tested in Cameroon)
Congo (get tested in Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Djibouti (get tested in Ethiopia)
East Timor (get tested in Indonesia)
Equatorial Guinea (get tested in Ghana)
Eritrea (get tested in Kenya)
Gabon (get tested in Cameroon)
Guinea (get tested in Sierra Leone)
Guinea Bissau (get tested in Gambia or Senegal)
Kiribati (get tested in Fiji)
Kyrgyzstan (get tested in Kazakhstan)
Laos (get tested in Thailand)
Lesotho (get tested in South Africa)
Liberia (get tested in Ghana)
Macau (get tested in Hong Kong)
Mali (get tested in Gambia or Senegal)
Marshall Islands (get tested in Fiji)
Mauritania (get tested in Morocco)
Micronesia (get tested in Fiji)
Niger (get tested in Ghana)
Palau (get tested in Philippines)
Papua New Guinea
São Tomé and Principe (get tested in Angola)
Solomon Islands (get tested in Papua New Guinea)
Somalia (get tested in Kenya)
South Sudan (get tested in Kenya)
Suriname (get tested in Guyana)
Swaziland (get tested in South Africa)
Togo (get tested in Ghana)
Tuvalu (get tested in Fiji)
Vanuatu (get tested in Fiji)
Feel free to use the comment box below for any questions about this UK Work Permit Visa Application | Work Permit In UK – Visa Requirements. Also, share this article on your social media account so that others can know about it.