Do you want to hang out with your friends on video chat? Well, Facebook got a new way to do so, and that is Messenger Rooms. In this article, you will learn about the Messenger Rooms Facebook creation that will let you have access to chat with your favorite people via video.
Messenger Rooms is a video chat room where you can use link sharing to connect to more people. You can easily create your Messenger Rooms and choose who to join your rooms and so on. All you have to do to get started is to read this article, follow the simple guidelines, and you are very much good to go.
Creating your Messenger rooms means that you’ll create the room with your Facebook name and profile picture and people with the link can join and share the room with others, even if they don’t have Messenger or Facebook.
Messenger Rooms Features
You will enjoy messenger rooms for the following features and more you will see when you start video chatting with your favorite persons.
- Stickers, emojis, & gifs
- Voice and video calls
- Voice messages
- Photos and videos
Messenger Rooms Facebook Creation
In creating messenger rooms, you should note the following:
- As the room creator, you have the right to remove any unwanted participants.
- Any participant can leave the room anytime they want.
- Messenger rooms can be locked or unlocked once a call begins.
- Anyone in the room can report the room name if it violates the messenger community standards.
- If you created the room, you must be in the room for people to join
- If you blocked someone on Facebook, then they won’t be able to join a room that you created and you won’t be able to join theirs if they are logged in to their Facebook or messenger account.
- The room creator is the only person that can lock the room, remove room participants, and even end the room
- Others will be able to see your Facebook profile name, profile picture, and that you are in the room when you are logged in to your Facebook or Messenger account.
- The video chat is not end-to-end encrypted
Now, below are the basic steps to create messenger rooms.
Using A desktop
- Go to www.messenger.com/rooms
- On the page, click on “create a room” and you will be directed to a new tab where you have to log in with your Facebook details if you aren’t logged in on the desktop
- Then click on the “try it” button and next, click on “Create Room as [YourName]”
- Click on Try it again and allow access to your microphone and camera by clicking on allow at the top left side of the popped out menu
To let others join the group call, you can copy the displayed link and send it via email, text, or messaging app to others you want to join the group call.
Have it in mind that when you join the room, people with the link or invite will be able to see your name and profile picture and that you’re in it. This can also be people you’re not friends with on Facebook.
Using Your Facebook Mobile App
To create messenger rooms from your Facebook mobile app, make sure you are running the latest version of the Facebook app, then take the steps below.
- Open your Facebook app from your mobile home screen and log in if you haven’t
- You will see the “Create Room” icon on the left side of the newsfeed, click on it
- Next, select people to invite and click on “save”
- Then click on “Next” and click on “Finish Creating Room”
- Tap on “Invite” by the side of the names of the people you will like to invite to join the room
It’s as simple as that.
If you have any questions on this www.messenger.com/rooms – Messenger Rooms Facebook Creation, feel free to use the comment box below