YouTube Shorts is a way for anyone to connect with a new audience using just a smartphone and the Shorts camera in the YouTube app. In this article, I’m going to take you through the basic steps you need to take to create Youtube short videos.
YouTube’s Shorts creation tools make it easy to create short-form videos that are up to 60 seconds long with the platform’s multi-segment camera.
If you are a content creator and artist, shorts are ways to share videos that are not long with your fans and stay connected to them. The steps to creating shorts are simple as A, B, C, D, and once you adhere to the basics of this article, then you are very much good to go.
Shorts are easy to upload and they don’t take time. With few taps, and you are done. Your short videos are made visible to those watching and they will be categorized under “Shorts” as seen on the youtube platform.
RECOMMENDED: How To Make Money From YouTube Channel After Sign Up
Youtube has been known to be one of the largest search engines in the world as people from different parts of the world use it to find new things that might inspire them or help them achieve their dreams. It is a very popular online site used for different purposes and for that reason, content creators can do more when they make use of the Shorts feature.
Shorts is a new short-form video experience for creators and artists who want to shoot short, catchy videos using nothing but their mobile phones.
YouTube Shorts App
Youtube Shorts app can not be found in the mobile store. However, the Youtube Shorts is a feature right inside the Youtube app that you know.
To get or see the Shorts feature, you just have to update your Youtube app from your mobile store. To do so, simply follow the steps below.
- Visit your Google Play Store or App Store from your app drawer
- In the search bar, type and search for “Youtube”
- Select the official Youtube app from the list of applications
- Then tap on Update and the app will be updated automatically.
Youtube is gradually expanding its Shorts creation tools to everyone globally with the YouTube app. If you don’t see the option to “Create a Short” just yet after you’ve updated the app, make sure to update the app
How To Create YouTube Short Videos
After you’ve successfully updated your Youtube app, you should be able to see the “Shorts” icon when you visit your Youtube page. See the steps below to learn how you can use the feature.
- Sign in to YouTube on mobile.
- Tap on Shorts with the S like icon and you will be taken to the shorts platform where you will see other short videos
- Tap on the camera icon at the top right side and tap on the right botton to start a live short video
- You can also tap on the image by the left down side and select a short video from your gallery and tap on “Next” at the top right side of the page
- Then enter the details like the title, add description, and more
- When you are done, tap on “Next” at the top right side of the page and you video will start uploading.
It’s as simple as that.
Creating a Short with YouTube’s short-form video creation tools allows you to record one or more clips that add up to 60 seconds. While recording with the Shorts camera, use the progress bar at the top of your screen to see how many segments you’ve recorded, and the length of each. Simply follow the steps outlined above and you are good to go.
Hope this article was helpful? Feel free to use the comment box below. Also, share this method to create Youtube Short Videos on your social media account so that others can know about it.